Used Chateal for 6 months. Became extremely depressed and moody. Crying a lot. Angry and screaming a lot. Would just stare off into space feeling broken hearted sometimes. Not enjoying things like I used to. Stopped taking it and felt like myself again within days. The depression and the fights almost broke up my boyfriend and I!!! When will there be birth control options for men!!?!?!?!??...

So, I was kinda iffy about taking birth control to begin with, but Planned Parenthood put me on this brand and within a month I was a different person. I was pissed off all the time, crying for no reason (literally no reason) and I didn't really have bad acne before, but a month and a half in my acne got really bad. there was one point on this pill where i was crying so hard and laughing at myself...

J | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/10/2020

I got this birth control from Planned Parenthood as most others have, and at first everything went well. However, by the second week, my breasts were aching, I've been hit with extreme fatigue, massive migraines, and depressive episodes. (I've had headaches before, but never a migraine until now!) I'm currently on the placebo week of pills and might continue for one more month just to see if my body eventually will adjust to the hormones, but honestly, if I knew I'd get these symptoms, I wouldn't have started it.

K.Mac | 25-34 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/25/2018

I'm generally happy with Chateal. I've gained about ten pounds and have gone up about two cup sizes, but I don't mind particularly as my periods are more regular, and the pill itself is very effective. If taken continuously so as to delay menstruation, you will experience some breakthrough bleeding, but it's manageable. As far as mood changes go, it has not negatively impacted me; I cry at films a bit more and seem to be more deeply affected by cute dog videos, but I have no issues with anger or anxiety. As I struggle with depression, this may be Chateal's big sell for me; it's especially helpful for my severe PMS. The only real downside I've noticed is the thinning of my hair; I don't have bald patches or anything like that, but I do shed more and it's certainly more prone to breakage. Overall this is is probably the second best out of MANY birth control pills I've tried (the best so far being Seasonale).

livm | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/14/2018

I've had zero adverse effects from this pill. My boobs grew about two cup sizes but I was pretty flat before so I didn't mind lol. My acne cleared up, my periods are more regular and less painful (not painful at all, actually), and I can have sex without anxiety!

Mya | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/5/2018
Condition: Endometriosis

Well, I started these pills about 3 months ago. My honest opinion is that it really helped with endometriosis. For the last 4 months I've been having these extremely painful periods that leads to me being in the E.R, in the worst pain, can't eat or drink until I started these BC pills and it went away completely! Very small to no cramps at all now. But the only thing I don't understand is that, I'm losing weight and my breast went from B cup to an A cup.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/5/2018

Itchy legs, irregular period, increased appetite, mood swings.