With Dexedrine, I am taking a med I self-medicated in the '60s! In 9th grade in '62, I could not stay awake in the AM. My Mom's best friend was a drug salesman and she got Dexamyl for weight. I snitched a few dex 15 mg spansule there and at my corner drugstore job. From teacher and parents, I got the usual "lazy, no motivation". Scorn from father who laughed that I would be lawyer. But on Dex, I w...

I am taking it for adhd and don't like it

Selena | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/4/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

started taking this a week ago for ADHD. I didn't take it this morning. I feel sleepy and lazy on this drug and that's when it kicks in. It literally makes it hard for me to think I'm more spaced and zombie like. I couldn't remember how to get home yesterday and only live 4 minutes from work. I feel like I want to punch every one in the face. I know how to count and yesterday I kept having to recount things and I was even in the 3 digit numbers. this pill makes me feel extremely hungry too. i have been taking the 10mg and when i broke in half that actually made me feel even worse.

Annoyed | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/8/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I have had horrible side effects from this drug including anxiety I didn’t previously have, trouble breathing and a complete inability to sleep as well as dry mouth. I haven’t been taking it long but I wonder if I should continue taking it at all.

MedS1udent | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/12/2020
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I hope this helps someone: Dextro is so different from Adderall! There are far less physical reactions, as it does not contain L-amphetamine. Less sweating/racemic reactions and aggression. On Adderall, even I notice that I am annoying and talkative. But on Dexedrine, I don't experience the strong impulse to tell people my thoughts or opinions. Dextro simply calms my mind, quiets the debilitating anxiety of ADD, and allows me the mental motivation that "normal adults" seem to have. Also, I experience almost no crash or grumpiness compared to any other stimulant or amphetamine. But most noticeable of all, this medication has virtually eliminated depression from my life. It's wonderful to feel like a functioning member of society! Also, one thing that I haven't seen mentioned here is that you don't feel like someone that is taking drugs. That strange feeling of shame and secretiveness that creeps into your brain with Adderall simply does not exist with this medicine. You feel clean! I'm in college, and I have friends WITHOUT adhd that love Adderall because they "feel" like they are taking amphetamines. They get their rush physically. But Dextro is way over their heads, because it actually tackles a mental disability that they don't have. I've heard friends say "I prefer Adderall. I didn't really feel Dexedrine," which is crazy because Dex is STRONGER than Adderall! It's just too clean, with no crash, so it's not what they are expecting from a "drug." That's because this isn't just a drug, it's a true medication and a life saver for those who need it! Everyone should TRY this med once as an alternative to Adderall, especially if you have INATTENTIVE ADD. Btw, 10 mg Dextroamphetamine is equal to more than 12 mg of Adderall. And the absolute BEST brand is Mallinckrodt. Trust me, I've tried every brand over the last 20 years. But be careful with their XR capsules, as they are 24 hour dosages! The best current Adderall is by Sun Pharma (2020). Good luck to you all

MedStuden1 | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/12/2020

scienceart | Patient
8/21/2019
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I've discovered an interesting side effect, if you use a stimulant and have a depressant(e.g. Alcohol, or other) same day, you might get muscle twitches.