I started taking birth control for irregular periods, but then my need evolved to birth control. I first took Seasonique but switched over to Daysee because it was essentially the same thing and was cheaper. I have had no problems with it at all. It works great, I've never gotten pregnant despite my sexual activity. The only side effect I would say was that my skin improved and my acne decreased...

I've been on Daysee for five months now because my insurance company is charging a premium for the brand name "seasonique." The pharmacy and my insurance claim that it is exactly the same, but it isn't. The amount of hormones in Daysee is lower. I've been very dissatisfied with this pill. I've had break through bleeding for a month.

Nicole | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
3/25/2022
Condition: Painful Periods

Taken for heavy periods. I've had break through bleeding along with my period for 5 months. I started 2 periods after about 40 days period free. The 2nd, I'm still on...29 days later . Do not use.

j | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/12/2022
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

Why this medication had work for me fair well because, i started taking this and im only a teen with 8 days heavy period and this I use it to suppose to not get heavy periods an I use daysee so my period comes every 3 months but problem is when there’s a mistake of taking the pills, i finish them and my period still haven’t came so I stop taking them then my period comes on it’s own but, it does help with heavy periods but this time first time this happen my period came more early on the pills so i didn’t know what to do and it just came out of no where so really I’m confused and to contact docter u csnt just talk to them u have to make an appointment which sucks, so it’s all over the place so it’s been great but i worry to much when I’m on the pill so it’s better not to take them for my own good. Read More Read Less

ntrybzzz | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/23/2022

I'm not usually ones to write reviews, however, Daysee deserved this review. I decided I wanted to switch to an extended-cycle birth control so that I would only get my period 4 times a year opposed to the painful and heavy periods I would get every month. Before taking Daysee, I read multiple negative reviews on it and only a few positive. I decided that I would rather try it out myself first than to critique it prior. Well, I should have absolutely gone with the reviews I read. The first month on this pill everything seemed to be going fine and smooth sailing... until I started my second month. Nearly 2-3 days after beginning my second month, I noticed I started to spot. Now, I will say I have missed a day or two here and there. However, I'm pretty good at staying on track. Nearly 6 days later from when I first noticed the spotting, it has gotten worse basically now breakthrough bleeding. As if it is my actual period from the awful cramps I've been having. I now have been having to wear a tampon opposed to a liner. The spotting and cramps are just the gist of it. The side effects I have been experiencing while on Daysee are FAR WORSE. From constant migraines, brain fog, nausea, anxiety and depression with mood swings, unexplained crying spells. Daysee by far has been the worst birth control I've ever been on. I do not feel like myself one bit to the point where even my boyfriend has noticed it as well. I've read to stop the breakthrough bleeding that I need to stop taking the pill for 5-6 days to "reset". But effective immediately, I will NOT continue to take Daysee. I will be finding a better alternative than this trash medication. I truly do NOT recommend taking or even trying Daysee out. Your body and mind will thank you later for this decision!Read More Read Less

S. Williams | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/4/2022
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

Wrost birth control pill I've ever taken. I wanted the option to only have four cycles per year. Due to Iron and feeling weak during my cycle. I started taking them and had the wrost cramps ever. Now I've been dealing with spotting and irregular bleeding. I started off spotting for one week then my cycle came on the next week. Month prior I bleed for like three weeks straight. There is something wrong with this pill and I'm throwing mines away. I'd rather deal with a monthly cycle. Also I started having hot flashes and night sweats really bad when I started these pills. Would not recommend. Read More Read Less

Wyn | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/19/2021
Condition: Painful Periods

The first month on the pill was ok but after that I’ve had non stop spotting. It’s horrible! Feels like an actual period.

DWilson | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/31/2021

Week 4 of taking pill my cycle came on. I usually have a 4 days cycle. Here it is day 12 and cycle is still on rather heavy. I'm feeling weak and nauseous at times. Think I'm becoming anemic. (History of it) My reason for taking it is for fibroids and I'm bleeding more now than what the fibroids caused.

briley | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/18/2020

everything was fine using daysee until i got to the seventh week i started spotting brown and red blood and having severe cramps. i even started getting acne on my chest, back and face.

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/24/2020

I took this pill for a little over one month after being switched from a different brand. This is the worst birth control that I have ever taken. I have never experienced anxiety a day in my life and I was a complete mess for over a week due to this birth control. Uncontrollably crying all of the time, I was scared to leave the house, I didnâ??t want to talk to anyone, I was constantly worried over nothing. Within three days of stopping this pill I was 90% better, within a week I was feeling 100% better. If you look under psychological side effects of this pill anxiety is a common one. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/28/2020

My insurance changed me from Amethia to Daysee, and immediately I could see a change! Face, chest and back broke out uncontrollably. Spotting, cramps, PMS, just like I was on my period...absolutely awful! DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE!!

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/2/2019

First year using it was great..by the time second year rolls around, im bleeding for months on end and i feel like it took a mental toll on my sex life.. Worked for not getting pregnant but thats about it..

Kim J | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/21/2019

The first 3 months were great. No mood swings, acne, or PMS. By the next pack everything changed. These huge pimples started to appear on my chin that were deep and even a month later are still healing. Then there's the breakthrough bleeding. Started spotting 6 weeks before my period is supposed to start. Bright red, clots, and it's continuous. I'm 38 and have never used as many pads and tampons in my life! Dr wanted me to stay on it but I've decided not to. It's horrible and completely ruined my sex life for weeks!Read More Read Less

5/29/2019

I have never been on bc in my life I am 30 years old and just had my first baby.. I have always had terrible periods so I thought every 3 months is not to bad... well little did I know I have bled since my very fist pill... I DO NOT recommend Daysee bc

2/20/2019

I started taking this and I’m at week 11 and have been spotting since week 8 I absolutely hate it. It’s not enough for me to have to wear a pad however I have to wear a panty liner everyday which is annoying. My spotting is brownish and has blood clots in it. My cramps aren’t really severe but they have woke me up at night. I’m taking Daysee.

M | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/2/2019

I was on Camrese for 3 months with no issues, then my insurance changed and will only cover Daysee. I was iffy about starting this just by the way the packs for organized. It is week 2, and I have been spotting brown/red all week. I have been on birth control for 3 years and this has never happened to me. I also have had an increase in acne and mood swings. This is the worst birth control I have ever taken and am already switching back to my old one. I don't reccomend to anyone!!

1/2/2019
Condition: Painful Periods

This is my first time taking a 3 month pill. Everything was fine until the last week of month two, Iâ??ve been spotting/bleeding for two weeks straight. Had slight cramps one night, otherwise none of the typical period symptoms. Iâ??ve gained 8lbs, but canâ??t say if thatâ??s due to the pill or other factors (holidays, lack of self control). Iâ??m sick of the spotting!

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/24/2018

I have been taking this birth control pill for a few years now. I take it first thing in the morning each day. My periods have been right on schedule at the end of the third month, with no spotting in between periods. I do get some cramping while on my period but it is manageable with a couple Advil.

ashleyxoxo | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/22/2018
Condition: Painful Periods

Do not take this pill! I read reviews and was skeptical when my doctor prescribed it but I gave it a shot. First 3 months, I developed major anxiety, suffered from horrible migraines and occasional cramping. Halfway through month 5, I started spotting and cramping. I bled for 4 weeks straight, and cramping was just bad enough that I had to take an Advil everyday. I would NOT recommend this form of birth control to anyone.

Jt | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/5/2018
Condition: Painful Periods

I started this birth control about 3 months ago... At first I loved it, but within the end of the first month on it I started spotting which is totally normal. But I have been spotting for 2 months now, it is mentally draining and just gross. My doctors told me that it is very normal for this pill and to tough it out until the very end up the pack. Honestly I have one week left of the third month and Im ready to throw it out the in window.. I DO NOT recommend this to anyone. It is not worth putting your body through all this.Read More Read Less

Anon | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/23/2018

I'm currently on week 6 of this birth control. The first day on it was awful. I had horrible mood swings and I felt bloated and nauseous all day. Then the next two weeks after that were completely fine and normal. All of a sudden during week 3, I began spotting. And not just any spotting - gross brownish clotty blood spotting. I have been spotting like this for the last 4 weeks and I'm extremely unhappy. The doctors recommended that I stay on this birth control for at least 3 months for my body to adjust to the pill. However, I'm reaching my end's wit with this pill. I'm going to try and tough it out for the next couple weeks but I'm definitely going to be switching if this spotting isn't done soon. Read More Read Less

Xx | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/15/2018

The daysee pill is easy like any other pill. But it’s disgusting. At the end of month two going into month three it’s been a nonstop spotting. And not spotting. But literally 3 month old brown gross clotty blood everywhere. I probably wouldn’t recommend a 3 month period stopping pill to anyone after this. I’ve truly never been so grossed out with myself in my life.