Been on albuterol inhalers for the past 20 years. Oral steroids, Pulmicort and Duonebs. Doctor gave me a trial of Breo and I was shocked. I don't ever remember having such a deep breath of air in my life. Trying to get my crappy insurance to cover Breo got me so infuriated that I dropped my insurance so I can get Breo covered monthly through another program. It means that much to me to be able to ...

This sucked and the commercial kept ruining my TV show

Joan | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/23/2021
Condition: Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease

Me again. I might add to my post that it doesn't matter what med you are taking for COPD. I found out you will feel much better and I do the same with Breo. That adding an Acid controller helps. It has been a must for me taking Breo.

Joan | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/23/2021
Condition: Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease

I have tried so many inhalers and had so many different side effects even yeast infections after three days on some. You name them I have tried them. Breo though I have gained some weight is the most gentle and been the most effective for me. I was on the advair for several years and like it but kept a cough and my jaw would stay sore so my doctor said lets try Breo. No medication is great. Wish we didn't have to use them. Years of asthma and now COPD you just have to do it. I use oxygen at night and Proair at times. Breo out of all I have tried work the best for me. Read More Read Less

Ilovehockey | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/6/2021
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

Couple of things to add , with the Breo experience, burning is in both lungs I repeat both lungs. Sitting on oxygen a lot ,gonna or just used xopenex backup inhaler one Inhalation. And go to bed. I pray for answers for all having difficulty with this Med, it should be reported to the FDA. For what it does. I am tired. It’s very warm out. Air conditioning is a blessing. Prayers…

6/5/2021
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

I am here this evening to tell you that I want off of the asthma medication known as breo. It is tearing my stomach in half. I think the FDA should take this drug off the market. Only happens after dinner. I get these issues, of a burned lungs , under my right breast. I am calling my doctor, Monday and laying the facts on the table, my lower back and shoulder was aching from this drug, get some relief from tums and my back up inhaler xopenex. Eating saltines.highly disappointed. Get off this dam drug as soon as u can!Read More Read Less

cellycelly | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/17/2021
Condition: Asthma

I have had asthma since I was a little kid, and as I’ve grown older my rescue inhaler and Flovent 44mcg just wasn’t cutting it. I was prescribed breo elliptia 200mcg, and after a good month on it I felt like I no longer needed to use my rescue inhaler. That was good... until all the bad symptoms started occurring. I started to get chronic migraines starting a month after being on the breo. I didn’t know it was the breo and continued to use it. After 4 and a half months on breo I noticed one or two heart palpitations close to my bed time.... had no real clue what was the reason. The next few days my symptoms started to increase: headache was gone... but now I was extremely fatigued, chest pain, back pain, heart palpitations, low potassium levels, eye pressure, vision change, MY ASTHMA WAS ALSO GETTING WORSE AT THIS TIME.... it had occurred to me I had now suffered from adrenal suppression, and my body just wasn’t producing enough cortisol to keep my body in check. After figuring our all of these horrible side effects were from the breo... I stopped taking it. It’s been almost 1 month since not taking it, and my heart rate jumps from really fast to really slow, especially at night, I still feel fatigued. Now I have indigestion problems and whatever food I do eat immediately hurts my stomach. Migraines are back? Back and neck pain has worsened. My legs are super veiny and to be honest I feel like maybe there’s now circulation problems. All in all I’m hoping to see my primary care doctor tomorrow, hopefully get some medication or something to help my body revert back to normal. This is a warning to anyone having bad side affects... quit using breo as soon as you know it’s the medication. The longer you’re on it the harder it will hit you when you try to get off of it. I’m scared continuously I’m going to die. Already visited the er a month ago. EKG came back normal but I’m telling you I feel like my heart is going to give out. Breo deserves yet another lawsuit and I encourage anywho who’s been affected by it to speak up. I’d rather be winded and have chronic bronchitis than be put on a drug that has severely fucked my life up. I’m also turning 21 soon, so if that gives you a clue as to how even healthy immune systems may not be able to successfully use this drug. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/13/2021
Condition: Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease

I have COPD, caused from PE's in my lungs that almost killed me. This medication has definitely helped me with my shortness of breathe and when used with my Spiriva... Im feeling and breathing much better.

Tball | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/25/2020
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

Was put on Breo after a few years on Spiriva. It stopped working for me. Breo has worked and am able to breathe deeper. The sife effects for me are hoarseness, always clearing my throat and nose stuffiness. The benefits outweigh the side effects. Will continue to use this medication.

Anonymous | Patient
10/17/2020
Condition: Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease

Started this medication after the Spiriva Ives on stopped working. Breo does seem to work but having alot of uncomfortable side effects.Sore throat, nasal congestion, back pain, shortness of breath at the beginning. Also have had heart palpitations. Its seems to work better after about an hour after use and gets better after time. Not sure if I will keep using it and may talk to my lung doctor.

Michele51918rs6k | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/12/2020
Condition: Asthma

I started Breo after the generic Advair came out and it wasn�¢����t working for me. I had taken Advair for years and it worked fine, occasionally I�¢����d need to use the nebulizer. My Dr prescribed Singulair and Breo. While on the combo I have to use the nebulizer every 2-3 days. I wake up feeling tightness and wondered if the breo was even working. I had a coupon which made it $10 and the coupon expired bringing the price up to $35 so I decided to see what would happen if I stopped it. Well it�¢����s been almost a week and I have not had to use the nebulizer once, the tightness is gone and even with dewpoints in the 70s I�¢����m not having trouble when humidity was always a trigger for me. Very strange that my asthma was worse with this medication Read More Read Less

JessA | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/15/2020
Condition: Asthma

I have been on maintenance meds for 25 years. I get muscle tightness and leg cramps really bad with this medication all corticosteroid meds. But there are no other options.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/30/2020
Condition: Asthma

Had life long asthma that became out of control after living abroad in China, after trying a few medications I started Breo 200/25, which worked so well i moved down to Breo 100/25. I track my asthma, I can count the amount of times I use my rescue inhaler on my hands every year. Life changing.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/18/2020
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

Worked great like Symbicort did, 3 months in I got bronchial asthma, same as symbicort. No good at all, count on getting wet lungs wit Breo or Symbicort AFTER IT WORKING SO WELL for. Shor time.

Karen | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/28/2020
Condition: Asthma

Started using the Breo inhaler on Feb. 15, 2020. After 2 weeks of daily use I'm discontinuing use on the advice of my doctor. I experienced chest tightness, palpitations, daily headaches, severe back pain, leg cramps, and sweating, No Relief from my Asthma symptoms noted. Wheezing and Shortness of Breath continued despite this medication. It wasn't a good option for me.

Donna | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/28/2019
Condition: Emphysema

I developed hoarse voice, tight throat, difficulty swallowing. I also developed "burning mouth syndrome", my tongue burns, especially when I eat and I have sores in my mouth. I would rinse extra good and gargle but no relief. My doctor has taken me off the Breo for 10 day to see if that is the issue. Said she will prescribe something else if need be. I am feeling some relief but it is just now 10 days. We'll see what happens.

Tootsie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/22/2019

I have been diagnosed with COPD due to having one "frozen" diaphragm. Doctor gave me samples of Breo and it is wonderful. Insurance won't cover it so still requesting samples. This medicine works like a charm. can't believe its effectiveness.

LLL | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/27/2018

The FDA and GlaxoSmithKline should receive felony convictions for this drug.

Lively1122 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/2/2018

I have chronic asthma and alpha 1 which can cause COPD and other respiratory issues through out your life time. When my doctor gave me a sample of Breo my whole world had changed. I suffered waking up constantly from wheezing or having to catch my breath doing simple tasks. This medicine I highly recommend to chronic asthma sufferers.

Deb51! | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/3/2018
Condition: Asthma

Last Monday, June 25,2018 I went into the Dr. office with an asthma attack and received a breathing treatment and an Rx for Breo, which I immediately started. The Dr. Said I may feel a little worse before I felt better while the med was getting into my system, and did I ever. After using Breo for five days, it did absolutely nothing to improve asthma symptoms, I felt like I was suffocating, day 3, I began to have an onset of fatigue, chest pressure and worsening of the difficulty breathing, weakness and shakiness, nose stuffiness, facial and nasal pressure back into my ears and bad muscles aches and tenderness, a severe, crushing headache into my temples, and a sore throat...abolutely the worst symptoms ever. And all symptoms have continued after stopping Breo, last dose was Saturday the 30th. I should have stopped it sooner. I Pray they go away soon. I read Breo can deplete magnesium and potassium so I took supplements, but no relief. I read that Breo can take up to 36 hours to clear the system .. so I waited. Today is Tuesday July 3rd, 2018, it's 6:30am, the headache has eased. I will survive...Thank God for my rescue inhaler. Another Dr. appointment is due. Hopefully there's something to help!Read More Read Less

Lee | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/12/2018
Condition: Asthma

It worked great but after 2weeks of use I started getting sores in my nose, I used upto 6weeks and quit because I couldn't stand the dry scabs in my nose and they hurt like hell! Other than that though it did actually work great.

TheaV | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/19/2018
Condition: Allergic Asthma

Started using this after a couple of failed attempts at getting my breathing and coughing under control. within a couple days, I was feeling much better and after a month fantastic. I can sing again, and talk without having to catch my breathe, so refreshing