WORST birth control I've ever been on! I've taken about every OCP on the market for years and this one by far is the worst! Horrible acne and dry skin, moodiness, no sex drive, and I am so fatigued!

As a form of birth control, it is effective. However, I couldn't stand the side effects. I started taking it a month before I got married, and it killed my libido. I would constantly be spotting 2 out of the 3 months with cramping (who wants to take ibuprofen every day, anyone?), and during the last week, my period would be HORRENDOUSLY heavy (I bled through a tampon, a pad, and my underwear and p...

queenie5523 | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/17/2017

First I would like to start off by saying I never write reviews and the reason I am is because this is the absolute worse thing I have ever put into my body. I wish that I had listened to the bad reviews on here before taking this because it made my life miserable. I hope that by writing this review I will stop just one person from taking this pill. I experienced constant bleeding the whole time I took the pill (10 months) and excruciating cramps which I never experienced on the 2 other pills I was on prior to this. I also had heavy bleeding every time I had sex which had never happened to me in my life. I honestly think this pill should be discontinued and feel so much happier now that I am not on it.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/3/2017

So, I started this pill a month and a half and it's been great , I haven't spotted at all or gotten any acne like some have said, but I have been very depressed since starting and it just occurred to me today to look up side effects because I have never felt like this ever and I remembered I changed birth control around the same time, so I will be stopping but I think this may only be an issue for someone who's been depressed before . Otherwise it was great I'm sad I'll have to change

Nop | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/12/2016

I've been on this for 2.5yrs now. The first pack was not without its complaints, but once you go through 2 or 3 your periods shorten, cramps are tolerable, acne at a minimum. My sex drive has been untouched. The first period I had with this was awful, but since have been better and better.

Sarah | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/8/2016
Condition: Endometriosis

I experience no pain except for the week I get my period. No spotting, no pain. I do get more acne now that I've been on it and I believe that it is the cause for the yeast infections I've been getting. But it does do what it's supposed to, which is give me four periods a year. If it wasn't for the yeast infections and acne, it'd be getting full stars for satisfaction.

CLD | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/23/2016

I feel like most of these reviews do quartette a disservice, so I wanted to weigh in. I switched to quartette for the first cycle from lutera. I have had 0 incidents of spotting, my mood is typical, and my sex drive is just fine. I will say that I do feel like it has contributed to some acne for me in terms of increased breakouts but I have acne prone skin already. It's annoying but not so severe or painful or anything like that. I will start my first period since beginning quartette soon and I do expect it to be painful (can feel cramps already in middle of night following last active pill). Can't speak to length of bleeding yet. Just wanted to emphasize that this is a good bc for me and I haven't had one incident of spotting the whole 3 months!