I have been using Spiriva for a couple of years, switched to the easier use about a year ago. The medication works well for me. But even with a prescription drug plan I find the cost to be out site. Medicare allows a set amount of drug cost per year, I find myself in the donut hole by August each year. MD looking for a drug I can afford.

Cannot believe the FDA approved this "new" med. Hard to put together, hard to turn, and stupid way to keep track of the doses..and the PRICE...really disgusting!! Very dissatisfied.

RebeccaEileen | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/11/2023

Worst design ever! takes a mechanic to put this inhaler together and by then you could die. SMH. Will contact my Dr and tell him so. Should be taken off the market IMO

Ken Jones | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/13/2022
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

Difficult to set up for use. My unit was defective. Called manufacturer - waste of time, Couldn't answer direct questions. Slick but defective design.

Liz405 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/12/2022
Condition: Asthma

Poorly designed cartridge is difficult to use even after watching the online instructions. I see very little improvement in my breathing & with the increase in price, I will be informing my physician that I will no longer use Spiriva Respimat.

Nana | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/15/2022
Condition: Prevention of Bronchospasms with Emphysema

I have only been on this medication for 3 days, but I seriously have not experienced breathlessness throughout the entire day using this inhaler 1X a day in the morning when I wake up. I forget that I struggle to breath!! I previously used albuterol a few times a day to avoid labored breathing, especially when wearing a mask inside a store. Today, I was having a procedure that monitored my pulsox and it was reading 99...This has been a life changer for me!!

Joop | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/14/2022
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

My son was given this to try, replacing his flutiform and ventolin, he said it was useless. Suffering from asthma myself I decided to give it a go, absolutely useless. Like the device though, its pretty cool! But as for working? Def not.

Sherrill | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/29/2021
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

My Dr has prescribed Spiriva for my asthma and COPD however it is very difficult to use the cartridge keeps popping out and does not work have tried two separate cartridges same issues called the manufacturer and they were to call me back regarding the issues but never called back. Not worth the cost and aggravation to hard. To use.

Sa | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/14/2021

Spiriva causes a reflex cough when I inhale it. So I must be missing some of the dose. Icing the back of the mouth/throat helps a bit but makes the experience time consuming and annoying.

Screen Name | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/13/2021
Condition: Prevention of Bronchospasm with Chronic Bronchitis

Inhaler does not work half the time

peanut | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/30/2020

insurance dose not pay much on it Not worth 341.00

Don | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/27/2020
Condition: Prevention of Bronchospasms with Emphysema

My copd had taken me down to where most household chores would have me panting and have to sit down, I have been using a nebulizer and an enhaler but they became inefective.My doctor prescribed spiriva and it instantly turned me around to where I can live a normal life, It's a miracle drug.

Catie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/10/2020
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

I have been diagnosed with early onset of COPD. (I had no symptoms) Since I started taking it I have noticed a heaviness in my chest that I have never had before starting this medication.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/18/2019
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

Capsules empty at least 2 per 30 day prescription For Expensive med cannot afford to have empty capsules Cant find contact email address for manufacturer

DlBruni | 55-64 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/30/2019
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

The last two Rx refills look exactly like they always do. However upon inhalation there is a very strong taste/smell of soap.

teegee | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/30/2019
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

curious..my teeth are now splitting chunks of enamel and are cracking. is anyone else having this problem?

JBN | 75 or over | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/10/2019
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

I am coughing up more yellow mucus. Also have blurred vision . Last prescription I got has a bad smell and taste . I will take it back to Drug store and hopefully get a refund. It smells like silage and garlic mixed together.I have been using it for 2years with a little improvement in breathing.

LWD01915 | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/7/2018
Condition: Controller Medication for Asthma

My allergist switched me from Advair to Spiriva Respimat for my allergy(allergies) induced asthma, saying that it was the preferable one for me. I had not complained or had any problems with Advair. This was in August of 2017. I was never told that I had to gargle or rinse my mouth after using it. I DID do that with the Advair. Flash forward to 4 days ago. I just stopped taking it after I experienced severe hoarse throat (nearly continuously since I started it), sinus problems, a constant cough and a feeling as if my throat was constricted. PLUS, my breathing problems worsened. My PCP was the one who told me to stop immediately and he made an appointment for me for tomorrow (5/9/18) to see a Ear/Nose/Throat specialist to see if any permanent damage has been done. Obviously, I hope not but I am very angry that I've felt so ill for the better part of a year.Read More Read Less

metooooooooo | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2018
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

I now have this weird cough, and its like there is something stuck back in the top of my throat.It never really gave me the full nice breaths I was getting on a prior medication. Im off to the drs to try something else.This weird cough is CONSTANT

smokyjamz | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/29/2017
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

Although high priced. This mist has been very effective in controlling my COPD and wheezing.

newbie | 75 or over | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/7/2017
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

I have been monitoring my borderline high cholesterol levels all my adult life and have managed, with diet and exercise, to keep it under control.I am 76. I was diagnosed with copd last spring and prescribed Spiriva Resprimat. After two months on this drug all of my cholesterol numbers were elevated. Pulmonary MD says there are no studies to show the relationship, but I'd like to try something else. What would it be?

Road | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/29/2016
Condition: Bronchospasm Prevention with COPD

I used Spirive Handihaler for several years with good results, then lost my insurance and was not able to afford the over $300 a month, so tried Advair with good results but just recently was given Spiriva Respimat from the VA and have been using it now for a month and a half. And in the last month I have notice shortness of breath much more severe than before, I use to be able to get through most of the day without struggling for breath, but this last month has been extremely difficult. I prefer the Handihaler but I`ve heard it`s no longer available..I may go back to the Advair. Read More Read Less