I have been on many antidepressants over the past 8 years in addition to other treatments such as therapy, lifestyle changes and was even on the verge of getting ECT for my MDD/BPD. All of the treatments I tried had limited success as far a depression goes. I started using Brintellix about a month ago and it has been, by far, the best treatment I've ever used for depression. Side effects were min...

Phoebe2803 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/7/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Iâ??ve been on Vortioxetine 5mg for over 3 weeks and itâ??s only in the last 2 days that the nausea and dizziness have worn off. I was tempted to try another tablet but as this was my third antidepressant, I was worried that I was running out of options. However, I definitely feel that my mood has lifted in the last 48 hours and my partner commented to me today that I seem brighter. Just a few weeksâ?? ago when Mirtazapine was not working for me, I was at my lowest ebb and wanting to self-harm. To feel more positive and not feel ill, I can now look ahead.

Gina | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/24/2020

Started 4 days ago on 10mg Brintellix to help with insomnia. Had jittery feeling for 30mins during the day. Yesterday so tired, tried to stay awake until 10pm but this morning after a rough sleep the jittery feeling started before my alarm went off. It set off my anxiety & had to take 1 Ativan so couldn't go to work. Saw Dr today & told her I will stick to my usual method of taking Restavit or Phenergan to sleep instead of continuing with this medication. She initially suggested trying it longer but I don't even suffer from depression & my anxiety is mild and rare.

sdh | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/26/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Still early days, approx 2 weeks in. Switch over from Prozac which was making me too numb and detached. Not really feeling the mental effect, but has a terrible gastro effect, stomach completely empties 30-60m after taking in the morning!

Guinea pig | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/24/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Stay away. I had side effects of gastro, painful eyes and after 2 weeks I felt suicidal for the first time in my life. I took it for 4 weeks thinking that I would start feeling better. Very poor support from my psychiatrist. My eye sight has deteriorated over this period.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/5/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Felt nauseous for the first month or so. But it's really helped.