My husband was in the ICU for 11 days and then a nursing home due to this horrible disease. I was told he wouldn't live more than a month or two. A wonderful young doctor worked to get coverage for the #7,000 monthly charge and got Esbriet for him. It has been six months and he has lost weight, but has tolerated the drug well and the fibrosis hasn't progressed further. We are both very happy with...

I have been taking this drug for 2 yrs and have felt lousy. I am now only taking 4, could not handle any more than that. I have not been tested but I am short of breath more and want to sleep all the time. Use oxygen mostly at night. Doctor said NO to stopping so will continue because I am afraid of the outcome of stopping. Other medicine may be also causing my weakness

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
6/29/2020
Condition: idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis

This drug killed my husband he lost 20 lbs needed more oxygen stopped the medicine was on prednisone was fine didn’t even need oxygen then dr put him back on it with a lesser dosage he lost more weight couldn’t walk without the oxygen on 5 liters in a week later he was dead!

Mike Brey | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/17/2019
Condition: Lung Fibrosis

I have been 2 years on generic Pirfenidon 200mg from bonhoa.com. The price is only 5% of the brand one. The fibrosis hasn't progressed further. i am very happy with this drug. The medicine have not loss but 1% more of lung function steps i try to avoid not on oxygen yet use sleep apnea machine at night might help.

Don | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/24/2018
Condition: idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis

I am a 79 year old male and was diagnosed Jan 2018. I have been on Esbriet for over six months and now take 1 801mg tab 3x per day with food. I do feel tired, lack of appetite, lost some weight and stomach distress. I have been to Pulmonary Rehab and now exercise with oxygen 2-3 times weekly, watch my diet and try to lead a productive daily routine. At the 6 month pulmonary evaluation there was no significant change. I take Omeprazole 20mg every other day to control the GIRD. I see a MH Counselor monthly to help maintain my positive outlook.

josie | 75 or over | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/23/2018

qpasaguy | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/11/2018
Condition: Lung Fibrosis

Diagnosed with IPF June 2017. Started Esbriet in Sept 2017. Side affects are heartburn