I have been taking this for almost a month and a half, so I think it's been long enough to review. I have never taken any birth control pills before and got mine from Planned Parenthood. Foremost, it's effective since I'm not pregnant (let's keep it that way for now). Periods are slightly lighter, but I've always had a light period. I have acne-prone skin. My skin has slightly improved, but still ...

I only took one pill for one day (I know not long at all), but immediately felt a couple side effects and as the day went on, I was experiencing many many symptoms. It freaked me out and I'm not going to take it anymore. At first I felt nauseous and dizzy/headache. Then after a couple hours the crazy mood swings and emotional roller coaster kicked in. I was going through all the emotions-angry...

RMLH | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/3/2021

I have been on hormonal birth control pills for about 8 or 9 years now. I switched from a different brand to Aubra at some point but I think it was the same meds inside it. Honestly, I don´t remember much about when I first started taking it while my body was getting used to it, but it´s been great pretty much the entire time. I have almost zero acne, and I only have a period (with no symptoms other than light bleeding) every 3 months or so. I just continue on to the next pack when my 21 pills are used up, and keep doing that until the spotting starts, and then at the end of that pack, I take a break from the pills for 4 days to have my period, and then on to the next pack. That is the plan my doctor told me to use and it works great! The only possible negative sides I can see are a loss of libido (I pretty much don´t care about sex unless the other person initiates, and then I´m all for it), and I realized recently that it could be the cause of my lack of passion in things. I just kinda go through life and take what's coming to me. I don't think that I have depression but maybe that's because I feel numb to the good and the bad emotions? I don´t know, that's why I´m here reading others' reviews... It´s been almost 10 years, I have no idea who I am without it.

LoLo | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/7/2020

Started taking this for a month and everything was great...then I started getting horrible headaches and nausea everyday. I kept taking it for a long time cause I was scared to get pregnant. After about 1 year it made me severely depressed and suicidal, once I got off this medication I was totally fine. Would not recommend it was the worst experience of my life!

Asya | 19-24 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years |
4/23/2019

Did not experience any physiological changes after taking Aubra. Same weight, same skin (skin was already pretty clear), same sex drive, same mood. I experienced break through bleeding for 17 days, but once it went away my periods became short, light, and painless (I used to suffer from nauseating cramps). Have been taking this birth control for over 5 years now.

gotabloodclot | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/14/2019

I got a DVT blood clot from this medication. I would advise against it! I had no other indicators for blood clots.

clare56t | 13-18 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/28/2018

I began taking Aubra for a month and a half until my side effects got so bad I had no choice but to stop. I felt amazing for the first month besides minor mood swings. It made me breakout more than usual, but nothing to major. By the second month, I began to have chest pain and extreme nausea to the point I couldn't eat more then once a day. It made me extremely anxious, I had to cancel everything for 4 days because I couldn't leave my house. I constantly felt like I needed to go to the ER. I have never felt so sick in my life, I was so lightheaded I thought I would pass out about 5 times a day, which made it really hard to go about daily life. I wish I could've made it past the third month, but the benefits are way less then the quality of life I felt.