The experience I have had with taking this drug has given me back parts of my life that I thought were lost forever. I am able to do the simple things with ease such as getting out of bed. In taking Remicade I feel like my life has been given back to me again.

I have not started treatment yet, but I had to answer the questions to get my concerns posted. SORRY! I cheated. I have read the reviews on the Web MD site associated with psoriatic arthritis and to be honest it is a little frightening. I am scheduled to begin treatment on remicade Aug. 6th. The 6 reviews I read commented that they were in more pain and the psoriasis was much worse after tre...

LPW | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/13/2021
Condition: Crohn's Disease

After I failed on Entyvio, my gastro put me on Remicade. Two years later, Cleveland Clinic switched their Remicade patients to the bio similar, Renflexis. In the last year, after one infusion, I left the session extremely dizzy. At the next few infusions, blood pressure would initially be close to normal, but slowly escalate to as much as 180/110 by the end of the drip. And I began developing plaques on my forearm, plus itchy crusting on my scalp. As a patient with no symptoms except a presenting afternoon-evening low-grade fever and no diarrhea, I began to wonder why this mild case was being treated with a very powerful drug that causes so many side effects. I also read a couple studies that suggested that in seniors, sometimes auto-immune disease symptoms lessen — or even stop. So finally, after a very clean gut per the colonoscopy camera, my GI has let me stop. We're doing quarterly calprotectin fecal studies, and the colonoscopy will be annual instead of every two years. So far, so good. I've also lost ten pounds after stopping Renflexis. All in all, sign me much happier.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/24/2020
Condition: Severe Ulcerative Colitis

Tried several other drugs without success. Remicade generally keeps the colitis in check, with occasional minor flares. No side effects after several years of use (every 8 weeks). The time needed for trips to an infusion center can be a hassle, but it's worth it. Some worry about immune supression, especially in times of COVID-19. Am consulting with doc about this.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/10/2019
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I am 57 and I have had RA for three years.I had to stop work, cant sleep and I was having flare ups every other day. I couldn't bath or brush my teeth. I was taking Methotrexate,it helps in the beginning, but after awhile, it was no help. I was crying like a baby. Pain all over my body.My doctor was able to convince me to try it, thank God I listened.I was scared of the side effects Though I still have pain, but not like before. I have infusion every 6 weeks, methotrexate once a week. I am also taking various vitamins including folic acid, fresh turmeric and capsule , ginger, aloe Vera, fresh lime juice and exercise moderately.I have to fight this.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/28/2018
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Developed RA in 1993 and for a some years progressed through various simple over-the-counter drugs like Ibuprofen and early prescription drugs like Cortisone tablets. Eventually in the late 90s I was on Methotrexate (MTX) once a week with accompanying folic acid tablets. But in the early 2000s the MTX's effectiveness couldn't keep up with the overall worsening of my RA, so my rheumatologist put me on Remicade (with continued weekly MTX). Wow! The difference after my first infusion was like night and day. Additionally, my rheumatologist was one of the early testing physicians in Germany for Remicade, and he as many other rheumatologists here, determined that routine infusions should be administered when a patient's RA symptoms tell you so, and not simply the typically prescribed every 4 to 6 weeks. He's had just a few patients who've needed an infusion only once or twice a year, some who've needed one every 3 to 4 months, some, others every 2 to 3 months, and only some who require and infusion 4 to 6 weeks. The practice is not to excessively flood the body and only infuse when needed. I typically need an infusion every 3 to 4 months. Due to scheduling and other responsibilities I've gone 6 months and paid with pain that is quickly relieved with a few hours of intravenous Remicade. I have also been a Type 1 diabetic since 1974, and the mix of auto-immune deficiencies like diabetes and RA do not make good company in an aging person. But after over 15 years on Remicade, it is still my savior that keeps me productive at my job. My new rheumatologist would like me to switch to the newer oral RA drugs, and I'm highly skeptical. I might try it, maybe not. But like the saying goes: If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Dragonlady | 65-74 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/12/2018
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Diagnosed with RA 9 years ago, the same month I retired! Started out in a wheelchair, started on methotrexate, no relief. Moved on to Remicade 4 vials every 6 wks. I could walk, brush my teeth, take a shower, etc. I could feel it working as it flowed through my system. It has been 8 yrs now and I'm at 6 vials every 5 weeks but the effects end now at about 7-10 days after infusion! Had blood work done to determine if I have antibodies to Remicade. Afraid I may have to switch to heaven knows what. Have had a bad flare last month, hands, feet, knees, shoulders, wrists have been miserable. I pray for good results and pain relief for all RA patients!