Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Virtussin AC oral.

4/2/2019 1:39:50 PM

Reviewer: Grateful, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Had a bad cold for a while which morphed into bronchitis. This med was given to me at the UR and got me through the weekend, was able to re-up the script with my primary. Stifles the hacking, lets me get some sleep. Way better than the otc stuff. Lots of whiners out there, but that is America as we know it. You don't know how good you have it here.

2/27/2019 6:08:06 AM

Reviewer: Mcgr53, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    As of 1/1/2019 Hydromet, Cheritussin, Guaiatussin, and Virtussin, as well as Benzonotate (Tesalon Pearles) are no longer on my BCBSIL formulary. I was told 2 reasons: They are trying to curtail the Opioid Epidemic, 2) Current research has found that Cough Medicine or suppressants do not work. I call BULLSHIT. Why should I have to suffer. They work on me. Be forewarned that this is happening across ... Show Full Comment

2/11/2019 9:58:37 AM

Reviewer: Postnasaldrip, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Post nasal drip cough got really bad at nights, became hard to sleep. So I was prescribed Codeine (pharmacist gives me Virtussin). I've never taken medication that works completely opposite to what is expected!! It made my cough horrible! I have literally been coughing my brains out all night... No sleep... Have a splitting headache and feel like my face is about to burst. Going by other revie ... Show Full Comment

1/11/2019 3:03:14 PM

Reviewer: Don’t have one , 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I am a male and weigh 245 pounds. I consumed 10ML. My cough went away and I slept like a baby until morning. This Virtussin AC works for me!

6/20/2018 8:17:17 AM

Reviewer: Magnum mom, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    After a week of trying to get rid of this cough, I have only taken 3 doses so far. During the day I rarely cough at all. I slept 8hours cough free and woke up with a cough that was calmed by the next does. Not sure if it's just the cough syrup, of if it is the combination with other medicines, but this works for me.

bald woman smelling flowers
    Complementary therapies to ease symptoms.
    diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    Senior woman using diabetes test kit
    Each one takes 10 minutes or less.
    woman having a good day