In Nov.2003 after Hepatitis C and Polio vaccinations on the same day I got a horrendous allergic reaction. After this event my RA began very aggressively. Rh factor 100. Took Vioxx, Methotrexate, Plaquinil, Prednisone. Was still in constant pain with huge painful flare ups in all my joints in the body. Sometimes I could not get out of bed and needed help to dress etc. Life wasn't worth living anym...

IS GOD FOR ALIFE PROBABLY BUT I AM GETTING VERY SICK NOW AFTER 3 YEARS USING IT .MY NECK OR TROAT GET VERY TIED AND CAUSSING ME LIKE HAVING PROBABLY LIKE STROKE DR SAID TO ME L AM VERY NERVOUS OF COURSE BECAUSE I AM FEELING THIS SYMTOMS NOW DONT KNOW WHT AT TO DO HELP ME PLEASE IS NOT IN MY MIND THIS IS REAL NOW I DECCIDE TO TAKE TWICE A WEEK AND I DONT HAVE NO SO MUCH SHOCKING AND INDIGESTION ON...

Cindy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/2/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I took Arava for four months until my pulmonologist told my RA doctor it was damaging my lungs. While I was taking it, I lost tons of hair, 15 pounds and felt like my skin was dissolving. My new RA doctor switched me to plaquinil and I started feeling normal again within two weeks. WARNING I had a PET scan two weeks before starting Arava and had no signs of cancer. Six months after I stopped, I found I had fallopian tube cancer. Not a good prognosis. I strongly suggest not using this drug and if you do, constantly check for possible signs of cancer.

Lola | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/15/2019
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I've been on Arava for 6-7 weeks and I'm almost pain free. However,for the last week, my blood pressure and pulse rate have been unusually high! I have stopped taking it, but I was wondering for those of you experiencing this same side effect, how long did it take for your blood pressure to go back to normal?

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/28/2018
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I have sjogrens and ra. Med given me worst smelling gas and feces ever. My stomach is in constant pain or diahrea or nausea. Even w prednisone 5-10 mg never hungry making taking meds worse. Also on plaquinel for sjogrens. Not helping w pain only 5 weeks in but ready to throw in the towel

Diane | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
8/7/2018
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

My husband was diagnosed with RA for 3 years and died on July 4, 2018. During the 3 years, he was first put on Methotrexate. When that didn't seem to work anymore his RA doctor switched him to Cimzia. When the Cimzia stopped working the RA doctor put my husband on Arava (Leflunomide). After 5 months he started having life threatening conditions (severe anemia caused by myelodysplastic syndrome). His RA doctor said this was caused by the Leflunomide. They tried to flush it out of his system but that didn't work. His immune system was so weakened that sepsis was able to gain hold. In the end he died from severe septic shock and pneumonia (in a matter of 5 hours). Stay away from this medication! The warnings say it can be fatal and they are correct. The RA doctor didn't seem surprised that my husband (who was otherwise very healthy) died. What the heck?? I'm sure his RA doctor is continuing to prescribe Leflunomide. My husband wasn't just "an unusual case". He golfed twice a week and went to the gym twice a week until the Leflunomide became so toxic that it attacked his bone marrow and shut down his systems. As they say, "there should be a law..." But there isn't. STAY AWAY FROM ARAVA/LEFLUNOMIDE!

Cheryle | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/19/2017
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Second drug tried. It is not working either.