my husband used this in iv for mersa

A few days after surgery, an infection appeared in my leg below the incision. The doctors placed me on IV and gave this antibiotic. I knew immediately that that something was wrong. Within 30-45 seconds I could not breath! Always have them ready with benadryl or something to counter act this allergic reaction. I truly felt as if I was going to die.

Catwhisper | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/17/2021
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

I had severe muscle pain and spasms largely in mid back, possible kidney pain, too.Hardening of the vein for 6". I had a stabbing pain in my back, behind my heart. It felt like I was going to have a heart attack, the 1st and 2nd IV. I had a muscle in my L shoulder and several in my neck and upper back that became almost hard, and a week later, are still a problem, as is the weird muscle and body aches all over. Constant nausea. I had been on other antibiotics, but they weren't working. I was on it off/on for 2 1/2 days. Each IV I was in excruciating pain. I was going insist on a change of medicine, when it finally worked, and I went home. Even though I complained many times, I wasn't taken seriously, even though all of my complaints are listed as side effects of this drug. I won't ever use again.

Polly Esther | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/22/2020

Was given Zosyn in my IV before I was scheduled to have my gall bladder taken out. I had an anaphylactic reaction and was in a coma for roughly 9 hours. I'm not allergic to penicillin, or other antibiotics.

stormtsandford | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/21/2018
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

I was hospitalized with pneumonia the 1st time I used it. I didn't find out 'til the 2nd time that the drug was the cause of the hallucinations I had had the 1st,

Paris | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/24/2018
Condition: Abscess Within the Abdomen

I had liver Abscess due to gallbladder removal surgery and I’m still on this medicine.. bitter taste in mouth and face pimples neck hives and itchy body ..I need to chew gum for the bad taste all the time .. but In total this is a good medicine specially for my disease..

Famawa | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/17/2018
Condition: Diabetic Foot Infection

Had a severe foot infection spreading to the bone. Been on this med IV for about 10 weeks. It didn't do very well during the infection so surgery to remove small toe and piece of bone from foot was the answer. The meds seemed to work after surgery. My only side effect is complete loss of taste. Haven't had a good meal in 4 weeks. Hope I get taste back after this med is finished!