Painless injections, a few days in compression stockings and my leg looks and feels so much better. Very pleased with results and scheduled to have other leg done.

Lavenderblade | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/9/2022
Condition: Enlarged Superficial Veins

I have had both legs treated with this a year ago March 2021. The one leg had significantly large showing veins. It was causing me a great amount of pain and discomfort so I decided to have his procedure. I was told it was the only one because my veins have gotten so large. It has been a year and my leg is still not better. I am waiting to have it done again but now I am reconsidering that based on more research and reviews. When I initially had the procedure done I went through a lot of pain and discomfort for weeks. I was told it be little to none and I’ll be back on my way the next day. I felt like I had constant wires stuck in my veins like another person mentioned. The stiffness was also a huge issue if I sat for more than 20 minutes at a time. The recovery time seemed to never end. Since having the procedure done I now get blood vessels that pop up in my feet. Just had it happen yesterday and this is a sign of varicose vein disease. I have a feeling that the other leg has not truly healed the entire way either due to the fact that this condition happens to both feet now. I never had anything like this happened to me before. I am extremely healthy and fit. And now I feel like this procedure has negatively affected my health. I paid thousands of dollars and the treatment did not work and now I will have to start all over again.Read More Read Less

Jenn14 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/4/2022
Condition: Enlarged Superficial Veins

I developed a DVT in the treated leg within days after procedure. I have no history of blood clots and followed post op directions. Now I’m on a blood thinner for at least 3 months. I do not recommend Varithena.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | Patient
12/22/2021
Condition: Enlarged Superficial Veins

pain.... 5 dvts in leg... horrible swelling... still its been 7 weeks since procedure... im really mad about it... blood thinners...ect... do not use Varithena !!!

M.A. | 65-74 | Female | Patient
6/19/2021

momof2 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/13/2021
Condition: Enlarged Superficial Veins

I was talked into the procedure by the Dr was told that it was highly effective. I had had it done 2 time and NEITHER TIME was effective. It's useless in my opinion.

DRT | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/17/2018

Have Greater Saphenous vein reflux. Had Varithena injection and felt great for 4 days. Followed instructions to the letter. On the 5th day pain in the calf that feels like a wire in my vein trying to come out. Doctor out of town and staff less than helpful. My post-op is not for another 2 weeks.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/12/2017
Condition: Enlarged Superficial Veins

After finding little information about this procedure and only a few reviews, all which were negative, I still went ahead with the procedure. I was told it was very safe with little complications. I now have a DVT in one of my deeper leg veins because the solution seeped out of the greater saphenous vein. Now I will be on blood thinners for months. Stay away!