I've been on Metformin & Glimepiride for 8 1/2 years. My A1c had been in the low 6's until about 2 years ago when it got to the low 7's. Nothing helped - even Levemer. My doctor added Jardiance to my scripts in Feb. Just got my 1st quarterly blood work. My A1c went from 7.2 to 6.5! My bg rarely goes over 135 unless I eat something that I shouldn't. Sometimes I go for days without going over 100. E...

I got enrolled in the savings program and it would cost me $77.00 every month, cant afford that and it is with the savings card too!! So I actually never got started on it, physician prescribed something else.

Ed | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
11/5/2021
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Finally stopped taking Jardiance because with Medicare and PPO the cost is prohibitive. Now I realize that Glimepiride does the job. Look how many thousands of dollars I could have saved.

Linda | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/16/2021
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I used to take 25 mg of Jardience about a year ago. I stopped because I had a terrible yeast infection that wouldn't go away. So I got Januvia and that med did nothing for my diabetes. So I had some Jardience left and took that again. This time I had no yeast and my numbers were in the targeted range of 4-7 and no side effects. I will keep using this med as it works well for me now. I also take 24 units of Tresiba insulin at night. I am feeling better and glad the Jardience is working well. I am trying to eat better and I do drink more water as well. If this keeps up, I will be fine and hopefully do well in the long run. Read More Read Less

Harold Stanton | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/3/2021
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I stopped taking Jardiance because the side effects were brutal. I was dizzy, light headed and nauseous. In addition this medicine is very expensive. I have a three month supply which cost in excess of $300.00 and only took it for two weeks. Where do I get a refund. My name is Harold Stanton and my e-mail is - - [email protected]; telephone is 724 869 2777. I contacted my doctor but he has failed to respon.

Pat Teague | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/13/2021
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

After poor results with a weekly injection medication, my doctor selected Jardiance, and I could NOT be more delighted. I have lost weight, my blood sugar is more stable than it's been in ten years, and my general attitude is incredibly upbeat. Can't thank my doctor enough for this!

Cora | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/5/2021
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I had this for 3 weeks and the side effect hit me severe itchy, severe yeast infection, lightheaded and thirst and pee a lot. Jardiance really work for me is just the side effect. Doctor told me to stop taking Jardiance, Not sure what is the next Meds they will try me.

Jeff | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/31/2021
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Took this drug for 8 days and ended up in bed for six weeks: extremely bad body itch, weakness, lethargy. Worst 6 weeks of my life.

JDB | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/2/2021
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

anyone get lots of gas, gut "gurgiling" almost all the time? since I started on Jardiance 10 I have had these symptoms day and night. Also tired all the time. Has done nothing for fasting numbers as still in 140 to 170 range

Cariboou | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/20/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I am 71 year old, I had already take medication for keep low the blood sugar, like Metformin 500mg two times a day and Januvia 1 pill a day, but the results wasn't so great, in the last times the doctor give me prescription for Jardiance well now after 60 year I have a results like 7.2 great product!

Junior | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/19/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I was prescribed this by the VA about 2 months ago to use alongside Metformin and Glipizide. Lowered my blood sugar levels plus lost 4-5 pounds within s month. Only side effect is frequent urination. I am very happy with it.

Kronk | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/15/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Much lower insulin requirements and significant weight loss. Always thirsty on this medication and I drink about a gallon a day now. Very satisfied with the medication.

Mel | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/19/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

The first week I took Jardiance I experienced weakness and ached everywhere.(Flu like symptoms) I did go to the restroom frequently which was expected. Stopped Jardiance after the 1 week to see if symptoms would go away and they did. Decided to give it another try I had the same weakness and ached everywhere but worse the second time. Stopped the medication on a Saturday and by Sunday felt better except for my stomach hurting when i ate. A month later I am still having a few stomach issues but they are few and in between. I wouldn't recommend this medication. My blood sugar was higher each time that I took it. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | Patient
10/6/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Jardiance caused high ketones which was affecting my overall health and had to discontinue.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/22/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I was stable on Actos, but my P.A. was pressured to change me to Jardiance. Right away I started urinating more and my urine had so much sugar in it my slo-flow toilet kept growing fuzzy things. I lost 3-4 lb right away. By 3 months, I was hungry all the time, urinating at night, I lost 4 more lbs, my blood pressure rose and my A1c rose. I was using Flonase for allergies and developed nasal yeast (side effect of Flonase which never happened before) which has led to chronic sinusitis and obstructed airway sleep disorder and further hypertension. As soon as I stopped the Jardiance, all symptoms except for the sinusitis resolved. It took another year for the sinusitis to be discovered and another 6 months for surgery to open my sinuses. Now my respiratory issues are resolved, Actos is controlling my diabetes, but my blood pressure remains out of control. (Only been 2 months since the sinus surgery.) Jardiance is bad news and I get angry whenever I see the ads promoting it.Read More Read Less

sgfood | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/17/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Started using 4 months ago, A1C 8.8. Just had blood work and my A1C is down to an amazing 5.5. I was already taking 850 mg Metformin twice a day and 10mg Glipizide XL. Only drawback has been mild yeast infection. I would recommend drinking plenty of water with this medication.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/15/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I am unable to tolerate Metformin so have been on insulin and Januvia in the past. My doctor switched me to insulin with Jardiance due to other medical issues. I have been able to lower my basal insulin dose drastically. My hard fought for, very slow weight loss has changed to pounds just falling off. I held on the starting dose due to vaginal discharge, ensuring that I would not be getting yeast infections prior to upping my dose. I did again experience a discharge with the higher dose but no infections and after a couple months on the new dose, it went away again without infections.Read More Read Less

GlassWallah | 75 or over | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/25/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

My Dr Changed me from Januvia to Jardiance 10 Mg for providing better Cardiac protection.Besides, this drug, I was also on Metformin 1000 twice a day. The overall A1C was around 7.0 and remained at this level with Jardiance. Instead of loosing weight, over 7 months, I gained about 8 Pounds. Morning Fasting levels were 130-140, with Januvia, they were 110-120.Side effects were, Excessive urination, Dry mouth and thirsty. I have asthma and with Jardiance, it was more difficult to control. In view of all this, inspite of all the hype about this drug, I am stopping this drug and going back to Januvia. Very disappointing.Read More Read Less

Matt | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/15/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

This medication has been a great addition to using insulin only. You have to make sure you drink water. A cup of coffee in the morning and not much else between doesn't cut it. Have to drink water. Yes, you're "peeing" out sugar, so you need to make sure you're drinking enough and keeping clean and dry down below to prevent urinary tract infections. If you don't put the effort in to using the medication properly don't expect it to work well for you. It's keeping my sugars between 70 and 110 depending on what I'm eating and I feel great. Can tell that my sugar levels are MUCH MORE STABLE.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/30/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Excellent medication for me! Just drink a lot of water, I did anyway!

Gepe53 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/11/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

My Dr thought I should try this RX, well ONE PILL almost killed me!!!I had trouble breathing,fainting,rapid heartbeat,horribly dizzy,almost fainted in the shower,stomach pain,made me feel like I was going to have a damn panic attack!! Get this crap off the market!!

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/12/2020
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I've been taking Jardience for almost 2 months and it has been great! My blood sugars have been between 70 and 100 depending on what I eat. I have cut down my carbs and drink plenty of water . Before I started taking this, my blood sugars were terrible and I struggled to get them down. I have to admit that at first I put off taking Jardience because I had read a lot of people's reviews saying how terrible this drug was, so I was scared of it. But, now I'm so glad I gave it a chance. It really works!!!Read More Read Less