I am about half-way through my trial period (20mg h.s.). This drug is wonderful. I have had sleep problems for more than 30 years and have tried every medication on the market with varying degrees of success and nothing worked long term. This drug "lets" you fall asleep as opposed to being put to sleep. Another benefit --- no more night-time foraging for food in the fridge!! For the first time...

Waited over a year for this to come out. Took 5 mg last night, it did nothing. Trying 10mg tonight. Insurance doesn't pay for it. So if it works I'm up the creek. I've tried everything, ambien & others like it do nothing. Seroqeul effects my heart condition. I can't do mood stabilizers, old anti depressants. I had taken chloral hydrate for over 15 years. That worked perfect for me. The pharmaceut...

Koolaid02 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/25/2022

Worst sleeping medicine I have ever taken. Do NOT Take IT

Anonymous | 0-2 | Female | Patient
1/20/2022
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Cause me to talk out loud and physically punch and hit and kick. Need help.

Satisfied | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/13/2022

Only sleep aid that does not Lower my blood pressure. I did not do well on ambien cause B/P issues and I would get up at night and not even remember next day. $$$price for belsommra decreased so that is great news

Trish | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/24/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have tried everything almost that can be prescribed over 20 years also natural stuff, meditation, hypnosis, Nothing much worked or it turned me into a zombie..temazapan worked well but now with change of drs they wont give it to me anymore. I was prescribed belsomra with orders only to take 1 and no more. Well it didnt work. Came across them in the medicine Cabinet recently and with nothing else in the house decided to try 2 20mg . They worked beautifully. Took 2 half hrs to work and only got up once for a toilet visit. Not drowsy in the morning. Thank you for giving me my life back. Read More Read Less

Slilybelle | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/2/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I've struggled with sleep for a long time. I have little difficulty falling asleep because I'm exhausted, but I awake within a couple of hours and then continue waking multiple times during the remainder of the night. My doctor said this medication would help me stay asleep. It did not. I continued waking many times during the night - maybe even to a greater extent than without the medicine. I had some vivid and confusing dreams, as well. I sure wish it had worked. I'm so tired all the time. Read More Read Less

Belsomra | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/18/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Please ppl. This medication is not a Boo! drug. It had No affect on me. Only Ambien works for insomnia and doctors lie too. From my own experience, Ambien continues to be the only effective medicine after 12 years of use. I've tried this Belsomra, Lunesta, Trazapine, Trazadone, Sonata...Only Ambien works!

Paul | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/18/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Every drug works differently for different people, but Belsomra simply does not work for me. I actually think it keeps me from sleeping. I tried it because I didn't want to build up a tolerance for Ambien. Tried 10 mgs with no effect, then 20 mgs 4 times, getting no sleep 2 out of the 4 nights. No more.

Brian | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/17/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Started with 10 mg dose and tried it for three days. It did not work for me. Just laid in bed the whole night, stressing about getting sleep.

Chris B | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/2/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I suffer from insomnia and was prescribe this medication 20mg... This was the worst!!! I had terrible nightmares the first night, so bad that I was screaming out and talking in my sleep. I finally woke up and felt paralyzed, I could barely walk... I had a severe anxiety attack in the middle of the night. The side effects of this medication is HORRIBLE. I spent $75.00 for a 30 day supply and will never take this again. Be cautious.

ShermanH | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/6/2021
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I was prescribed 10mg belsomra a week ago. It helps, but I feel like 15mg is an effective dose. With 10mg it helps my quality of sleep but I still sometimes wake up after 5 hours. What I respect about the drug is the new type it is. It doesn’t produce that euphoric of an effect so it seems a bit less addictive than like Temazepam, which is consistent with what my doctor told me.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/22/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I've taken a 10mg tablet for the past week. Never have had trouble falling asleep but I've had chronic maintenance insomnia for years. I've tried various hypnotic meds such as Ambien but they leave me groggy with rebound effects. I've tolerated Belsomra very well. I wake up slightly groggy but refreshed. I'm really surprised by all the 1 and 2 star reviews I've seen on this site. so far, it works well for me!

stoopidlysleepless | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/16/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Have had chronic sleep issues for about 20 years and tried at least most of the OTC sleep aid and others like Trazodone and Doxepin, Ambien, etc. Anyways, I was doing the 10mg and things were fine until I didn't sleep for about a week and had a seizure (never happened before) and spent a few days in the hospital. Nothing came back conclusive. Neurologist bumped me up to 15mg and I take something my GM prescribed Doxylamine. I don't take caffeine, minimized my use of alcohol 4 hours before bedtime, meditate daily. When I sleep, I feel rested and at least no mood swings like I used get when I'd self medicate with lots of alcohol and cannabis.Read More Read Less

mamacita | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/3/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I started on this medication for inability to fall asleep. I did fall asleep but had wild dreams and every 1.5 to 2 hours I had to get up to urinate. Easily fell back to sleep, but did not feel rested after having to get up so many times. I like my Ambien, but was advised to not take it because of a conflict with another medication I am on.

Erinerin17 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/11/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This drug gave me major anxiety at night. My stomach was in knots, my hands were shaking, My legs twitched and I actually forgot how to swallow. That doesnâ??t sound scary, but itâ??s terrifying. It was like my mouth and throat were paralyzed. Very very scary stuff.

Lea | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/2/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Very frustrated as insomnia has been an ongoing, major issue in my adult life. Belsomra is not working for me. Seems to add to my frustration. Laying awake for what seems like hours, my legs twitching like crazy. I thought it was just me until I read these reviews. It would seem I am normal after all!! Ha! Not taking again after seeing what it can do. Donâ??t need any more issues. Thanks everyone, for sharing your experiences.

Virginny | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/15/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

TBI survivor 2015. Poor sleep began immediately while in the ICU and has persisted since. I experienced a 2 hour wakefulness prior to falling into a nap state on and off during the 8 hour period reserved for bed at night. Polysomnography indicates long sleep latency and increased N1, 2 REM cycles instead of 5 and a decreased N3/N4 to 9% of total sleep - waking avg. 4x per night. I was prescribed all of the serotonin inhibitors, Ambien, as well as CBTI over the years without success and much frustration. Belsomra has shortened the latent sleep time dramatically each night to 20 minutes, as well as brevity in the time awake in subsequent wake periods. Bottom line, I nap longer. In my case, the drug does not increase the restorative sleep phase. But I have found a welcome benefit that I spend less time staring at the ceiling each night.Read More Read Less

Michele | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/12/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Horrific! I was paralysed and experienced the most terrifying hallucinations, my mouth/jaw were having spasms whilst trying to scream but no sound would come out. This went on for hours and if I could have moved to get to the phone I would have called for help but I couldn't. Have never been more terrified in my life, will NEVER take this drug again, flushed the rest of the packet. What a dangerous drug I thought I was going to die.

kaj | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/10/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

I have never been so scared. The nightmares were horrific, and I thought I was going to die. I had pins and needles all up and down my legs, and I was afraid I would never walk again. I would rather have insomnia for the rest of my life before I would ever take this medicine again. It is dangerous. Please don't take it.

Michelle | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/30/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This is the worst medication I've ever taken. The nightmares where terrible. I can remember them so, it's even worse. 425$ a month had to pay a 60 dollars co pay. Took for 2 weeks. Fell asleep at 9 but buck up at 1. I read all the bad review and decided to be positive since I'm a nurse.This was like a creepy syc pill.

P | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/4/2020
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Took for 3 days, on 4th day mid day I became instantly incoherent, loss of vision and having hallucinations. Just 10 mins after I was driving my son home from school. It was a near miss that I did not have this onset while driving at 4pm in the afternoon when I had not taken the medication at all that day. Wife had to call 911 and I was admitted for observation overnight at the hospital.