Today I have been taking Contrave for 30 days. I am 5'7" & was 188 lbs. when I began.  In 30 days I lost 10 lbs. virtually effortlessly.  10 lbs. is not a lot of weight, and I have 33 more lbs. to loose to get to a healthy weight, but considering I sit at a desk all day & study at a desk all evening & never exercise I am thrilled.  The first 2 days I took the medication I felt a little "disconnect...

WARNING *** I started taking Contrave on November 1st. The first week I had terrible stomach pains but read that may be a side effect. It stopped after a week. My appetite was curbed and I ate much less because of it. In January, I started taking only 1 pill a day and I saw no difference in my lack of appetite. In April I stopped taking it and I still had no appetite. Turns out on May 1 I ...

Kelly | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
7/30/2021
Condition: Weight Loss Management for an Obese Person

I’m in the emergency room right now with my wife have a reaction from just one pill. Do not take with opioids this is the worst stomach pain she said it’s compared to having a baby. Doctors please read this.

Pani T | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/18/2021
Condition: Weight Loss Management for Overweight Person with BMI 27 to 29 and Weight-Related Comorbidity

mid may 2021 I started taking contrave, I had no issue on 2 a day dose as soon as I moved up to 4 a day I started having terrible symptoms, hear palpations, night terrors and general feeling of being unwell. My MD decrease my dose on June 15th back to 2 per day since then it has worked magic, I am now 18 lbs down and going. I struggled with weightloss almost all my life and i still have 35 more lbs to lose but sofar so good. I am following a healthy diet and daily walks but the craving for Junk and overeating is gone and following a healthy life style has become easier.

WYLife | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/13/2021

I read a lot of reviews before trying this medication. So, I waited until the weekend to start taking the pill. I was down all weekend. I slept most of the day on Saturday and Sunday. I did not take another pill on Sunday and I still felt bad on Monday. I had a metallic taste in my mouth, couldn't drink enough to get the dry mouth taste taken care of and just felt really bad - no energy, nausea, just gross. One pill made me feel horrible for 3 days. So I decided this was not the medication for me. I was hoping this would help me lose weight, but I just couldn't get past the way I was feeling to stick it out! Thank God I had a coupon and only spent $114 instead of the $379.

Do not take! | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
7/11/2021

I am a pretty healthy person. I exercise, but gained a lot of weight due to grief over the loss of my parent. I took one dose and within 90-minutes my heart rate jumped up so high, I was shaking, could barely talk from breathlessness, profuse vomiting, pounding headache, heart palpitations, and I was extremely confused. I had to go to the ER for a heavy dose of sedation to bring my heart back down. It was stroke level.

lifesajourney | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/9/2021
Condition: Overweight

I have food addiction that started when COVID started and gained 40 lbs. Five years ago, I stopped drinking because of alcohol addiction, so addictions are apparently my thing. I started this medication three weeks ago. Within the first two weeks, I noticed that I was not stress-eating, I was not craving salt and sugar, and my appetite overall is beginning to subside. In other words, I feel like I used to feel, before having a food addiction. I am slowly beginning to lose weight but the relief I feel from not thinking about food all of the time is what matters most about this medication. I am grateful to not have bad side effects and I will stay on it for the foreseeable future because of the relief I feel. If you cannot get eating under control, this is worth trying.