Switching from daily regimen of multiple IR hydrocodone based tablets to a single dose with 42 hour efficacy is very efficient. Each ER tablet dose depending on unknown factors can have analgesic peaks, usually in the evening with sometimes earlier peaking. Overall, the ability to take one tablet per day reduces sense of dependency and assumes a sort of autopilot status regarding pain relie...

Made me feel as tho my brain was swollen and trying to come out of my skull, felt lethargic,and very sleepy and gave me an all over sick feeling

Debbie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/20/2019
Condition: Chronic Pain

Dr switched me from Embeda to Hysingla. Within 48 hrs I started having really high BP & almost all the other symptons of withdrawal. Pain Dr says I DONT have withdrawal by just switching-well what does he know?? He's not the one writhing in pain for 4 or 5 days & then tells me he can see me in 48 hours-absolutely ridiculous

Meplay13 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/13/2019
Condition: Chronic Pain

It takes hours before it starts working, then it only lasts about 6 hours. I spent the other 18 hours crying in pain because my dr didn't believe me.

sobon1234 | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/29/2019
Condition: Chronic Pain with Narcotic Drug Tolerance

I was taking 10/325 Hydrocodone tabs about every 4 hours (that's 8 10mg tabs every 24 hours). after a year i started having problems taking as prescribed and falling about 20 pills a month short. So my Doctor but my on Hysingla er 100 mg tab every 24 hours. It made me feel horrible for basically the whole 24 hours. I don't know why it wasn't a "withdrawl" type of bad feeling which i have experience with , it was a mix of mood change , hangover , dizziness and didn't even do a better job with pain. It didn't seen to work evenly over a 24 hour period either. I my opinion if you are in the same situation just stick with the short term pills and maybe deal with 2-hours of withdrawl feelings over 24 hours of whatever hell-ish feelings that Hysingla offers.

Ladybee | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/17/2018
Condition: Chronic Pain

Worst month of my life on this drug. Worst pain I've felt in years, stops up my urine, rash and did not even touch my pain. Takes about 10 hrs. to kick in and doesn't help pain at all just makes you feel weird and miserable! I dissolved one in water to see how long it took to dissolve and it was around 9 to 10 hours, it swelled to the size of a .5" thick nickel. The consistency of it was like this sticky stringy glue. I would never ever take this again. NOT worth the money either, waste of money as a matter of fact.

frustrated | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/12/2018
Condition: Chronic Pain

Totally unreliable for pain relief - Had to use just as many IR breakthrough meds as before ; Unpredictable in it's action - caused me to pass out in the middle of the day the day AFTER taking it, which is dangerous if I'm driving when it does finally "kick in" ; Extremely difficult to swallow, as well. Very costly: $500 for a month's supply...all of it adds up to a completely useless and expensive medication that does more harm than good.