I took Papaya enzyme a few times and it did provide relief. However, I began having a sore throat and saw a Dr who told me not to take this product. Am being treated for reflux but it is stronly felt that the Papaya caused me greater problems. Still have sore throat even though I am on omeprazole.Papaya initiated this reaction.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female |
11/26/2015

I have always used Papaya Enzyme as a digestive aid after over eating...my family usually always has a bottle present on Thanksgiving Day. I usually chew 3-5 tablets depending on degree of bloat or fullness and within 20-30mins there is noticeable relief. Works without fail for me.

Spike | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/19/2015

I have problems with msg/soy. so eating out usually ends in horrible heartburn & reflux. I take 1-3 of these when it hits & it works better for me, than tums/rolaids, etc. my husband as he's gotten older, has trouble with heartburn, he also now takes them, often coming home if we eat out & taking them to prevent heartburn.I also had a small dog in end stage kidney failure. I used this with every meal to help prevent nausea. he vomited on conventional meds. this & some other natural care allowed him to even gain weight & live nicely several more months. Read More Read Less

NYPDRESPECT | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/3/2015

For basic digestion tract discomfort, gas, indigestion, and upset stomach I have used various Papaya Enzyme brands since 1998 on a very persistent basis, sometimes daily. Never a side effect. Always very effective with almost instant relief. Regulates bowel movements, aids in digestion. Many relatives also use with same success and satisfaction. We all carry a bottle with us to work, on trips, etc. Great Stuff!

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
6/6/2013

My husband suffers from ulcerative colitis and spent a lot of money on ineffective prescription medications which weren't providing relief. He started taking papaya enzymes and is now able to live a normal life again. I would highly recommend them to anyone suffering from UC or any other digestive problems. His favorite are GNC brand. I also take them for occasional indigestion or for heart burn relief and give them to my six year old when she complains of upset tummy, they work great and taste good. Read More Read Less

Keith | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/19/2013

I had been experiencing minor upsets in my stomach and began taking low doses with immediate improvement. I was scheduled for a surgical procedure and dutifully stopped taking it before hand as the label indicates. Since they are trying to determine what is causing the heart issues I'm experiencing my electro-physiologist has requested I stop taking all dietary supplements as a precaution which is certainly reasonable. Otherwise I like the papaya supplement and plan to try the actual fruit along with strawberries as these two fruits together support healthy connective tissue giving relief from inflammation in the body per The Melt Method featured on Dr. Oz. Screw being old. I've looked death in the face and taken a dump in his lunchbox. I want to be in good physical health until they plant me!Read More Read Less

CARA | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
2/7/2013

MY THREE YEAR OLD SON HAS SUFFERED FROM SEVERE CONSTIPATION SINCE BIRTH. SO MANY TRIPS TO THE DOCTOR, RADIOLOGY, AND ETC. FOR IMPACTIONS. HE WAS EVEN SEEN BY PEDIATRIC GI AT RILEY HOSPITAL AND UNDERWENT NUMEROUS TESTING AND PROCEDURES. HE HAS BEEN PRESCRIBED NUMEROUS MEDICATION, DIET CHANGES, AND ETC. I WAS EVEN TOLD HE WAS WITHOLDING HIS BOWL. WE WERE EVEN SENT TO PSHYCHOLOGIST FOR THIS PROBLEM. LONG STORY SHORT, I STARTED HIM ON THIS MECICATION AND WITHIN ONE DAY HE BEGAN HAVING BM. HE TAKES THIS MEDICATION DAILY AND HAS A MANAGABLE BM DAILY. HE HAS HAD NO SIDE EFFECTS FROM THIS MEDICATION AND AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED I AM A BIG BELIEVER IN IT. I ALSO BEGAN TAKING IT AS I DID NOT WANT MY CHILD TO TRY IT WITHOUT HIS MOMMY CHECKING IT OUT FIRST. IT WORKS!Read More Read Less

papaya | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/14/2012

Since i started to take, no more reflux or stomach pain...no gases and take fiber food without constipation...

motonrun | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/6/2011

Hello, I started taking Papaya Enzyme from GNC yesterday for constipation. I don't know if it is working or not. I think it is too soon to tell. I have taken the 9 a day which is recommended, sounds like alot for no benefits. I haven't had any good or bad experiences yet. It is too soon to tell. I guess it will effect everyone differently.

xx | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/18/2011

Amanda | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/18/2011

I used Papaya once to help with my digestion, not 20 minutes after taking it my tongue was swollen & we were on our way to the hospital. Since that episode, I have been to the ER two more times for continuing side effects & two doctors, one specialist. I would seriously concider speaking to a health care professional before taking this.

c11059 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/4/2010

I originally bought this for my rabbits, because the vet recommended it. I saw that it was good for digestion, but didn't know specifically what it was for. I started taking it and noticed that my heartburn and acid reflux were greatly relieved. I had been taking two Pepcid every day. I wondered why my stomach felt so much better w/o the meds. Then I realized it was the papaya enzyme. I take the chewable tablets, about tree or so a day. If you have GERD, you should try it.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/26/2010

I take it now when I'm eating any foods harsh to my stomach that would cause a sort of heartburn, like spaghetti sauces or the like. It works so much better than the chemical remedies like tums or such.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2010

Check with your doctor before taking! I have a lapband and occasionally have heartburn with acidic or difficult to digest foods. I started taking 3 papaya enzymes after food, no more heartburn. Very happy with the product.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/22/2010

I was suffering from abdominal pain due to constipation. This natural remedy has been more effective then doctor prescribed medications I was on and I've had no side effects like with the doctor prescribed meds. I take 6 pills most days but some days a few more (never exceeding the max dose) if I eat more tougher foods like meat and high fiber foods.

nino | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/11/2008

I have acid reflux and it has helped me a lot but after reading about side effects, I a little afraid to use it.

Catie | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/3/2008

helps with GERD, and bloating after eating

ars10cokbok | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/11/2008

I have lowered my blood sugar and gotten off Avandia completely! Papaya Enzyme will significantly lower the blood sugar, so watch and check your levels carefully. I take 5-7 tablets a day. Absolutely no side effects either! May not be able to take this supplement with most diabetes meds cause it will lower sugar too much! I am also losing weight since I am watching my diet more closely too to help with the sugar control. And don't neglect the exercise. I walk at least 30 min. each day. P.S. The supplement is much cheaper than the diabetes pills also. One bottle of 180 tablets lasts me a month!Read More Read Less

aji | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient