Zyprexa for me was the best medication for stabilizing my moods. It immediately calmed me down, helped me get my anxiety under control, and I finally could sleep for more than four hours. The reason for the high dissatisfaction is first, I was sleepy ALL THE TIME. I went from four hours sleep to 12 or more hours sleep, and even after all that I was still sleepy. I had a long commute to wor...

I can sleep now. How much do you have to take to overdose?

Donna-1 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/28/2022
Condition: Bipolar I Disorder with Most Recent Episode Mixed

I took Zyprexa for about 15 yrs. Within a few months, my weight doubled - from 93 to 186 lbs. There was no possible way to control my appetite and I ate constantly despite my doctor saying all I needed to do was exercise and eat less. It made me so sleepy I often slept 16 hrs a day. Also created cognitive impairment to the extent I became too disabled to work (there were other factors, of course.) I could no longer enjoy reading, painting, writing, or watching movies because the Zyprex messed up my ability to remember what I was doing. And I even had periods where I could not remember what I had done or where I had been the previous day. It did nominally help with auditory and visual hallucinations, and eventually psychosis ended. Although I think that might have happened on its own, over the 15 yrs. I feel Zyprexa ruined my life completely. I will never use it again, no matter what. Also I was previously a long distance runner, but the weight gain on Zyprexa ended that immediately. I felt like a zombie for 15 yrs. When I stopped taking it (with my doctor's knowledge) in 2013 I immediately lost 60 of the 93 lbs I had gained. But it has been difficult to maintain. I have since regained my ability to engage in the hobbies I had enjoyed before, and am mostly okay cognitively. I was able to get off of it successfully and now live independently on disability income. I say do not take it.Read More Read Less

LisaB | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/24/2022
Condition: Mania associated with Bipolar Disorder

This medication did nothing to affect my appetite. No side effects either. Medicated work different for everyone. One person's negative experience is not necessarily another's. I've had a good experience with this because I knew to expect to get sleepy and my prescriber told me to take it at night so it's worked perfectly.I've lost weight, and maintained the weight loss. I felt immediately more stable and calm It also helps me sleep. Take it at night before bedtime. I was agitated and at the end of my rope. Glad my prescriber tried this one. Always take as prescribed.Read More Read Less

Selena | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/20/2022

I've been taking zyprexa for 3 months now, and it does wonders for me! I have GAD and severe OCD. It quiets the thoughts a bit, and when I do get a bad thought the anxiety is very dulled down. I no longer wake up with crippling anxiety. I wake up rested and refreshed. I got my appetite back, and I no longer have psychotic breaks or false memories. If you have really bad anxiety please give it a try. As for the weight gain, I haven't noticed any. God bless zyprexa

Captain | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/14/2022
Condition: Mania associated with Bipolar Disorder

I started on 5mg was a bit sleepy for a few months but my mind was back it stopped the crazy thoughts I didn't gain any weight I'm a very fussy eater and hit the gym 5 days a week I decided to see if I could get away with micro dosing so cut along story short I'm now on 0.625 mg and it still works I think this drug was way too strong at 5mg... good luck people on your journey much love..

Anonymous |
7/6/2022
Condition: Bipolar I Disorder with Most Recent Episode Mixed

This medication Zyprexa showed signs of Parkinson’s. My Neurologist told me to not take this medication. I had to be treated for Parkinson’s for two years. I did not have Parkinson’s. It was the Zyprexa. I do not take anymore meds for anxiety. Stay away if you can

Darren | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/5/2022
Condition: Bipolar Disorder in Remission

The side effects was my legs twitching

Scott | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/21/2022
Condition: Additional Medications to Treat Depression

This is a good medication if you suffer from depression and anxiety, and want to take something in addition to your antidepressant. I find it really helps with anxiety, and wow does it help you sleep. I take 5 mg at night and my mind settles and I sleep really well. Like everyone else, you will probably put on weight, but you have to exercise self control. Highly recommended.

Not Sure | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/28/2022
Condition: Additional Medications to Treat Depression

I don’t even know what to say. My doctor suggested to lower my dose to 2.5mg and it worked for a little bit (this was from 5mg). However, in a month, it’s been absolute hell. Terrible sleep, terrible mood. Only good thing was I lost a little weight. This medicine is both a curse and blessing, but more of a curse.

Bad olanza | 35-44 | Nonbinary | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/5/2022
Condition: Schizophrenia

This medication should never be taken. It causes massive weight gain and has taken me 13 years to lose the weight I gained and I still have a ways to go. It has numerous side effects and leaves you constantly hungry and emotionless.

EmmaG | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/8/2022
Condition: Depression associated with Bipolar Disorder, Adjunct Treatment

I’m on 7.5 mg,(5 mg wafer and 2.5 mg tablet) and have lost weight doing the CSIRO total wellbeing diet.Its not restrictive and not like a diet at all.Ive been on the diet for about 4 days and have lost about 2 kg,which is a real surprise because I had doubts that it would work while on Zyprexa because nothing had worked before.I read that the wafers cause less weight gain than the tablets and can even make you lose weight.There is hope if you’re stuck on zyprexa and have failed in attempts to lose weight.I am proof that It can be done.Read More Read Less

Annemarie | 35-44 | Transgender | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/28/2021
Condition: Depression associated with Bipolar Disorder, Adjunct Treatment

Warning to all children and adults. It's very very important not to loose your temper or you may be labeled with a disorder and medicated with this drug. Just a warning. Find way to cope and adjust yourself before it happens. Tempers build up. Carefully see if there are signs in you or your children and learn ways to cope thanks.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/23/2021

Like to orgasm? too bad Like to not be extremely overweight even though you exercise regularly? too bad This medication will leave in a dulled down, meaningless existence.

Hopeful | 55-64 | Patient
7/31/2021
Condition: Depression associated with Bipolar Disorder, Adjunct Treatment

Zyprexa is a powerful drug so I only take quarter of 5mg wafer my neg thoughts and anxiety better not ruminating about hateful things that have happened feel brighter more pleasant.obviously if u feel zombies cut the dose down.it has potential to make you hungry but you have to stay away from junk food.Think I will give a go as seroquel was making me angry.Also take 10mg citalopram.good luck to all and stay positive.

Zyprezza | 65-74 | Female | Patient
6/3/2021
Condition: Additional Medications to Treat Depression

This pill did nothing to stop my psychotic thoughts stemming from Ptednisone

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/23/2021
Condition: Depression associated with Bipolar Disorder, Adjunct Treatment

Ive been on and off this medication since I was in my mid twenties. It works to stop the paranoia and psychosis very well but can make you feel very sleepy. Coming off it is a nightmare though. Severe depression and thoughts of suicide so you end up back at square one. Hate to think that I may well need to be on this medication for life to attain any sense of a 'normal' life.

Theresa | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/26/2021
Condition: Additional Medications to Treat Depression

It made me worse all around, lab work with many issues to the extreme weight gain. I would not recommend this for anyone with mental health issues as they will become greater!!!

bbb | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/18/2021
Condition: Mental Disorder with Loss of Normal Personality & Reality

I was given this med along with Tenex to help with hallucinations and it made them worse and caused me to black out for days do not take it.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/28/2021
Condition: Schizophrenia

Makes you gain weight that canâ??t come off. Stretch marks and blubber. Possibly insomnia if you come off it

Mary.J | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/15/2021
Condition: Manic-Depression

This medicine saved my life. I was having intrusive suicidal thoughts for months and as soon as I took zyprexa the next day they were gone. I couldn�¢����t believe how fast it worked. My doctor told me it�¢����s not a long term medicine though so after a few months she switched me to something else. Bad side effects: drowsiness and a huge appetite. I probably gained some weight but I think that the good out weighs the bad in this kind of situation.

cjones529 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/28/2020
Condition: Depression associated with Bipolar Disorder, Adjunct Treatment

I've been on this med for about 2 months now in conjunction with Lamictal, trazadone, & effexor. I take the zyprexa at bedtime. I no longer wake up with anxiety & dread. This has helped me immensely. Took about 6 weeks to really work, but for me this drug is fantastic.