Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/19/2021
Condition: Painful Periods

I had to have a cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder) at the age of 18, and I also have FNH (focal nodular hyperplasia; also known as a benign liver tumor) as a result of taking this medication. I likely have depression as well, but undiagnosed as of now. I have no period whatsoever, and it has prevented pregnancy so far.

Anonymous | Female | Patient
4/22/2020

This is the second birth control I have been on and while the mood swings arent too severe, I did gain a TO. of weight. Easily 10-20lbs after 5 month of use.

lucysmiles | 13-18 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/12/2017
Condition: Acne

blisovi has its ups and downs. My acne is gone and my skin is very smooth. I haven't had any weight gain but I have had a little bit of weight loss. The major problem is the mood swings it makes me feel like I have depression! I catch myself crying for absolutely no reason! I might consider switching back to loestrin, because the mood swings are so bad. I had been on loestrin for over a year but they switched me to blisovi. Worst thing ever.

Janice | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/16/2016
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I was diagnosed with fibroids and my doctor suggested birth control pills and the most conservative treatment. She wanted to stop my periods, so I was to skip the placebos. Well, the first month, I had a full, normal, heavy period (which I suspected). By the third pack, I spotted a few days and then I had severe abdominal pains. After researching, I found that this is actually a common side effect. So, naturally, I stopped taking them.

Tam | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/12/2016

I have uterine fibroids and would not listen to my doctor for years although he told me to take some birth control pills for the fibroids. I now take this for a birth control method, and it has made my life so much better. No more heavy periods and I am no longer drained when my cycle comes on. My period only last about 4-5 days. It used to last for 1-2 weeks!!! I wish I had taken these years ago. I have no bad side effects either. And no pregnancies! yay! (1 child is enough for me!) :)