When I started birth control, many of my friends insisted that I would get terrible terrible side effects. After over a year and a half on Tri-Lo-Marzia I have yet to notice any negative effects. Being my primary form of birth control, I have never missed a pill by more than a couple of hours and have so far never had any scares or problems. I would recommend this pill.

Marie An | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/16/2022

This birth control is fine, I was on it for two years and it worked very well for me in the beginning but as time went on it stopped helping my period and I started having crazy mood swings on the third week of the pill every month. I don’t know if thats the pill or just my mental health but I felt sorta like it atleast played into it a little. I messed up on this birth control and didn’t take it regularly for a couple days on accident and it resulted in a month long period. If you get prescribed this birth control though I wouldn’t worry about the reviews on it because all birth controls affect people differently and you will know what works for you. I did lose 14 pounds taking this though (probably from all the blood loss) and have an iron deficiency now.Read More Read Less

AzureLily | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/24/2022
Condition: Painful Periods

It's effective for making periods not painful, and is an effective birth control. But, wow, did this pill make me prone to crying, have mood swings, and even some paranoia. Some times I'd be ok, but suddenly get depressed or start to feel like people are being deliberately mean to me (which they weren't). I don't like the person I become on this pill, and would rather have the period cramps and PMS than this.

Eden | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/27/2022

this medicine has absolutely ruined my mood. it’s completely changed who i am. i’m usually a very strong and happy person who deals with sadness extremely well for my age. i barley ever cry. not even over a death. my boyfriend warned me about this birth control with reviews from other women saying they experienced alot of depression and suicidal thoughts but i ignored him. but now i’ve been on it for only 6 days and i extremely regret taking it. i’ve been SOBBING non stop over any minor inconvenience, or just for no reason, i’ve felt suicidal and worthless. and that is NOT like me. i thought i could handle it but i’m changing it asap. this medicine has ruined my mood and i’ve missed out on great opportunities just because this medicine has made me feel down. please don’t risk it.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | Patient
3/18/2022

I’ve been taking this pill for about four years now, and have never had any negative side effects. It’s made my periods lighter and cleared much of my acne. I would definitely recommend. Birth control is going to have different effects on different people. You may have a completely different experience than me, however I have nothing bad to say about this pill.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/29/2019

Oof, boy. I didnt start by having terrible side effects but i'm 4 months in and I want out. Night sweats that leave me waking up drenched 2 hours into sleeping, muscle spasms, my acne has gotten worse, and my periods are still relatively irregular. But i'm not pregnant so that is a good thing i guess...i got it for free at my local clinic, so i guess i got slightly more than I paid for.

Anonymous |
2/20/2019
Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/23/2018

I have been on Tri-Sprintec and then a couple of generic brands of Tri-Sprintec, including Tri-Lo-Marzia. I get negative comments all the time from women when they learn that I am on the pill, and have heard people talk about crazy side effects when on the pill. However, through the 4 years of being on the pill, I have yet to experience negative or crazy side effects.

LR | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient