Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ortho-Cyclen 21 oral.

3/8/2012 7:36:44 PM

Reviewer: crystala, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I never got pregnant while using this pill, but I doubled up by using condoms 90% of the time. The reason I stopped taking this pill was that it caused me yeast infections at least once a month. I am 30 and had never experienced a yeast infection before. I panicked and had an STD test, but thankfully it was just my body reacting negatively with the estrogen in this pill. After 7 months I switc ... Show Full Comment

7/19/2010 6:24:35 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I started taking Cyclen four years ago when I was 18. The only side effect I had experienced was weight gain (15 pounds.) Recently, mood swings, lack of energy and lack of sex drive have developed. I am considering not taking any sort of birth control after researching and finding so many side effects with all.

6/25/2009 2:06:01 PM

Reviewer: Sephiesmom25, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on this drug for 5 months now and I have gained more than 10 lbs. And I am always tired even right after I wake up. I am calling my Doc to see if there is something else i can be put on.

11/21/2008 1:35:06 PM

Reviewer: mo, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    i have not gotten pregnant, but the side effects are not worth it. I am taking myself off this medication this month. depression mood swings, nausea. there has to be a better way. I can tell you exactly how i am going to feel before i wake up in the morning, based on were i am in my pill pack.

10/20/2008 10:58:00 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I also expereince nearly every side effect of this pill. I have gained about 7 lbs the first month (and I'm a tiny girl!. My breasts have grown about an entire cup size and I have daily abdominal pain. No babies though!

bald woman smelling flowers
    Complementary therapies to ease symptoms.
    diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    Senior woman using diabetes test kit
    Each one takes 10 minutes or less.
    woman having a good day