This is the best pill ever taken; no side effects with the BRAND NAME. Pharmacy tends to auto-fill and/or push the generic version of this pill...huge mistake (Way too many terrible side effects when taking the generic version--cramps, bloating, rash, break-thru bleeding, heavier periods!) Insist on the BRAND NAME of ORTHO-NOVUM 7/7/7, well worth the few $ more than generic!!! PS: Worked...

dotmh14 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/5/2014
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I started taking this drug to reduce my 8 day periods. For whatever reason, my period lasted 25 days while taking this drug, until my doctor had to switch me to something else. I wonder how long my period would have lasted if my GYN did not switch me to another medication.

ebould | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/3/2014

I was put on the medicine after being diagnosed with PCOS. It's been 24 years & I've had no problems. Went off 2x for fertility treatments & went back on it after the babies were born. My Dr said I'll be on it until menopause.

mitzicats | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/31/2014

It worked to keep me from getting pregnant. It did cause me to feel a bit depressed. On the plus side, it caused me to lose a lot of weight.

Hulk Out | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/13/2014

This was probably the worst contraceptive I've ever tried. The reviews didn't prepare me or my boyfriend for my crazy mood swings and anxiety. My temper was through the roof and I only took it for 1 month. I like to think that these effects wouldn't last, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out. After this I insisted that they put me on Trinessa, since that one works great with me. The only good thing about this pill is that it made me angry enough to make the doctors listen.

danigirl | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/6/2013
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I have absolutely LOVED this pill!!! Have been on it for almost two years now and it is the third birth control pill I have been in. By far my favorite. I am on the generic brand and have had absolutely no trouble whatsoever. My period only last three days, is not heavy, I don't have cramps and have had no weight gain since beginning use with this pill. Love it.