I have been on this birth control over 10 years. No spotting or bleeding between periods, I rarely have cramping. Although I do experience breast tenderness, but nothing that can't be handled.

Mile | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/5/2019

I have been using this birth control for 6 years now and I just recently found out that I have depression. I always thought it was normal because I was tired but I do not feel like doing anything. Just sleep. As soon as I am off the pill I feel happy and my sex drive increases but as soon as I start back on it I have bad mood swings and sex drive is very low. I will say it works to prevent pregnancy but I think this pill affects your hormones A LOT.

Mali | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/2/2016

I started this drug because I had an ovarian cyst and it ruptured, abnormal period, acne and birth control. It is very effective on controlling all of which I was using it for. The reason I was unsatrisafied was because it made me depressed, aggressive and paranoid. I have switched to another brand of birth control with a lower estrogen level and I feel much better.

mojojojo6 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/23/2015
Condition: Abnormal Bleeding from the Uterus

i was bleeding uncontrollably. i was given Mononessa after about 2 weeks and nothing changed i went back to the doctors and i was gi ven Norinyl 1/35 and after pne dose i was better and i keep getting better.

wolfhogen | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/17/2015
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

When I started this it was a shot in the dark. There was no way knowing if it would work and if it didn't I would need surgery. After 4 weeks I had my last ER visit where I was in a lot of pain. The doctors and nurses were there as I went through the worst trying to make me more comfortable. Then the bleeding eased up, the pain reduced. It took a total of 5 weeks for the bleeding to completely stop. 6 months later I only have spotting on the off weeks. No pain. Acne cleared up too. And the best part is I didn't need surgery. So if you're experiencing heavy painful bleeding be willing to give this a chance.

Nancy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
10/28/2014
Condition: Acne

I'm In my 50's but took Norinyl for acne when I was 20. I suffered a stroke (blood clots in my brain) and was paralyzed on my right side for 1week. I met a nurse today who told me she worked with someone in her 20s who remained paralyzed from birth control pills. I was not overweight, drank alcohol or smoked cigarettes. Birth control pills are very dangerous and if I had known the side effects, I wouldn't have taken them. I'm lucky I survived. It controlled my acne, made me put on alot of weight and nearly killed me.