This medication takes away most of my pain away. I have tried many different kinds of opiates and this one is amazing. It doesn't make me dizzy at all and it works great for all.my pain

Hard to swallow. Doesn't work. Horrible dizzy headaches within 30 minutes of taking.

Michael | 65-74 | Male | Patient
5/10/2021
Condition: severe chronic pain requiring long-term opioid treatment

This is my second post because I want to share with those who have had to live with chronic pain in hopes of adding some useful information. Oxycontin hardly reaches the pharmacological endpoints to be called a twice a day medication with a half life of barely 6 hours. Xtampza is around 10 or so. So, if you can get it to work, it might be the best because it will work twice a day. But, if you doubt my previous post on HCHF (high calorie high fat) and sprinkling versus tablet ingestion, you can go to the internet and actually review the application and the comments by the FDA and the company and see the studies. Why this has been disclosed to the public as 'take with food' is just a gross mistake. This is why some people admit to chocolate being a good 'enhancer'. I have been developing and reviewing data like this for years on many compounds including opioids, and I truly think this is a gross oversight. All they have to do is explain how many grams they used in the clinical studies with patients on HCHF versus Fasting versus MCMF versus LCLF. But they haven't. So, if you are in pain and your doctor has prescribed this, please think about it. It might help. I know it did for me and took me over a year to figure it out.

Michael | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/10/2021
Condition: severe chronic pain requiring long-term opioid treatment

I've been a severely compromised patient for well over 4 years with chronic low back pain. My goal is to find a treatment to not just treat the symptoms but eliminate the source. However, in doing so, I've seen 6 specialists and recently underwent a radio frequency ablation which I believe is helping tremendously. But, in the meantime, I have had to use pain medications and believe me, it's been over two years since I have been able to sleep more than 2-3 hours straight. However, after trying various regimens, I was put on an Xtampza regimen with breakthrough rescue of oxycodone. And, by the well, I've been developing drugs for over 40 years including understanding pharmacokinetics and pharmacodymanics. Xtampza, and I reviewed their application to the FDA several times, is a good 'book end' medication, but it has a fatal flaw that physicians and others forget to tell you about. The reason many find it doesn't work is because it must be taken with a HCHF (High Calorie High Fat) diet/food. If you compare the blood levels with LCLF or MCMF (low calorie low fat, medium calorie medium fat) or a fasting state, it won't get the job done. Also, if you sprinkle it on food with a HCHF diet, you will find the onset about 1-2 hours faster, but the peak effect is lower, while it still lasts about 8-10 hours. If you ingest it as a whole capsule, it will take 2-3 hours to start to work. I've been taking it now for almost 2 years and can tell you the FDA and the company have done A POOR job of communicating how to take it. They don't communicate how many grams of fat should be taken with it, and if you're like me, I am also trying to lose a substantial amount of weight. Getting up in the morning and taking Xtampza with a HCHF breakfast is very inconvenient, unless you ingest about 5--6 pieces of bacon every morning. Folks, the bottom line is, it might work if you pay attention. My guess is you probably need about 30 grams of fat to guarantee you get absorption and efficacy. That's about 270 calories. Unfortunately, no one has told us this.

Anonymous | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/4/2021
Condition: severe chronic pain requiring long-term opioid treatment

I have been on Oxycotin for 17 years due to severe neuropathy. My insurance company said they would no longer cover Oxycotin (with no explanation---presume it was cost, close to$ 2000 per month). I compared the cost of Xtampza to the Oxycotin and Xtampza was even a higher cost per month. The first month it cost me $47.00 the second month it cost $330 and the 3rd.month it cost $447. I called the insurance company twice on the price difference with a very lame excuse about reaching different points. I have to spend over $6050 to reach the doughnut hole. As far as does the Xtampza work----very little help. The Oxycotin that I had used was far superior and it helped for 17 years. I thought the Dr. is the one who knows what helps not the insurance company. Yet they are the ones making the determination for the patient. If I have to go without using insurance the cost of is over $2000 , far too much. So I am at the mercy of the insurance company for cost and for pain. Certainly I am not a street addict who has ruined it for the people with long lasting severe pain. I wish the people responsible for taking away a drug that works and replacing it with a much less effective painkiller had to experience the pain the patients like me have to go through each day. I would love to know how to fix this horrible problem. Any suggestions ???

Michelle | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/3/2021
Condition: severe chronic pain requiring long-term opioid treatment

Does not help my pain, gives me a red rash itching all the time, can anyone share a better extended release medication that works thanks

mozandy | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2021
Condition: severe chronic pain with opioid tolerance

Inconsistent absorption creates a situation where you have to take twice the dose as oxycontin to get any pain relief and even then the pain breaks through. So rather than a consistent relief from pain that last for 12 hours or more, XTampza seems to vary in pain relief ability and not last as long. Sometimes too strong and sometimes not strong enough in the same 12 hour period. Itâ??s horrible!