This medication takes away most of my pain away. I have tried many different kinds of opiates and this one is amazing. It doesn't make me dizzy at all and it works great for all.my pain

Hard to swallow. Doesn't work. Horrible dizzy headaches within 30 minutes of taking.

Anonymous | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/4/2021
Condition: severe chronic pain requiring long-term opioid treatment

I have been on Oxycotin for 17 years due to severe neuropathy. My insurance company said they would no longer cover Oxycotin (with no explanation---presume it was cost, close to$ 2000 per month). I compared the cost of Xtampza to the Oxycotin and Xtampza was even a higher cost per month. The first month it cost me $47.00 the second month it cost $330 and the 3rd.month it cost $447. I called the insurance company twice on the price difference with a very lame excuse about reaching different points. I have to spend over $6050 to reach the doughnut hole. As far as does the Xtampza work----very little help. The Oxycotin that I had used was far superior and it helped for 17 years. I thought the Dr. is the one who knows what helps not the insurance company. Yet they are the ones making the determination for the patient. If I have to go without using insurance the cost of is over $2000 , far too much. So I am at the mercy of the insurance company for cost and for pain. Certainly I am not a street addict who has ruined it for the people with long lasting severe pain. I wish the people responsible for taking away a drug that works and replacing it with a much less effective painkiller had to experience the pain the patients like me have to go through each day. I would love to know how to fix this horrible problem. Any suggestions ???

Michelle | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/3/2021
Condition: severe chronic pain requiring long-term opioid treatment

Does not help my pain, gives me a red rash itching all the time, can anyone share a better extended release medication that works thanks

mozandy | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2021
Condition: severe chronic pain with opioid tolerance

Inconsistent absorption creates a situation where you have to take twice the dose as oxycontin to get any pain relief and even then the pain breaks through. So rather than a consistent relief from pain that last for 12 hours or more, XTampza seems to vary in pain relief ability and not last as long. Sometimes too strong and sometimes not strong enough in the same 12 hour period. Itâ??s horrible!

Sandboss | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/6/2021

I have 8 rods

benji | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/17/2021
Condition: Chronic Pain

Oxycontin has worked for 15 years to control pain, same dose for years. Switched due to insurance not covering and hard to get the oxy. Xtampza switch caused withdrawel symptoms, itching, sweats, restlessness, and does not work to dull the pain. not happy but what can you do.