I experienced extreme hair thinning ! After my Doctor told me that is Not a side effect . It was the only medication that I was using . After 2 years on Ibesartan I quit because of my hair loss and my hair has stopped falling out , so far the hair I lost has not returned . I am a woman , what woman wants be be bald !

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/14/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My PCP suddenly switched me to Irbesartan after being on Hyzaar/Losartan for many years. No issues with the drug until at about 4 months of taking it, the hair on top of my head started thinning. I went back to him with the issue and he said its not the Irbesartan. Ran bloodwork/inflammatory panel to check for Thyroid/CRP/. Everything normal except CRP was over 10. Another inflammatory panel a couple of months later and now its normal. Everything except my thinning hair. He won't take me off the irbesartan.Read More Read Less

Geneva | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/22/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Been on medication for 3 months: experiencing a rash on neck, ankles; blister on hip; much loss of hair.

Lorie | 55-64 | Female | Patient
11/6/2019

My hair is falling out

Anonymous | Male | Patient
10/30/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Severe hair loss after just three months of use. Looks like a wildfire ran across my scalp.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/15/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Headaches ..low right side back pain too strong for me...I have tremor...and this made it worse...

Wilma | 35-44 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/22/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My hair is falling out. If I don't switch soon I'll start seeing scalp. I also noticed when I forget to take it I wake up feeling refreshed and well rested. When I have taken it I wake up feeling tired and sluggish. I've also started having ocular migraines once every 2 months or so.

Aydensmom | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/18/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I've taken this medication for almost 3 months now and it has placed me into the severe level of stage 3 kidney disease. I have also had severe hair loss and swelling of legs and ankles. My doctor refuses to believe the medication is to blame and now wants me to have a kidney biopsy...time to change my doctor.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/29/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Have been taking Approvel/300mg (1 each day) for almost 9 months now since Nov 2016. The doctor diagnosed HBP Stage 1,140â??159/90â??99. I noticed it helped but overall did not see significant change as the problem actually was with my low blood pressure. Last June I noticed a skin rush but thought maybe it was something I ate. August 18th I was taken to ICU as I woke up with my lips, tongue, and jaw swollen and small rushes all over my body. Still, I did not connect it with Approvel as I have been taking it for a while. I was given cortisone with antihistamines and returned home. On and off body rushes every 2-3 days and on 26th Sept I told my doctor so he said to stop the BP medication as it could be a pill side effect. Today, 29 Sep 2017 I woke up at 5.30 in the morning with the exact the same reaction (swollen lips, tongue, rush). Was taken again to ICU and repeated the whole process. This time my blood pressure that was 14.3 over 11.5. Needless to say, I was really scared so as I did not take any other medication just the BP ones. Long story short! I don't think I will be taking this BP drug again.Thanks for the patience in reading this.Read More Read Less

Sandy | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/18/2017

Liz | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/8/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I am in 3rd stage kidney failure because of this drug and no one told me that it damages your kidneys.

Yself | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/18/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I took this for a number of months. Had side effects; unexplained vomiting, chills, very bad diarrhea--lost 15 lbs in five days. It was lowering my bp wonderfully, but doc changed dose to only taking the med when bp went over 130. It was 157/85. Not working anymore. I've noticed my hair is getting thinner, as well.

kim | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/23/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Significant weakness, muscle aching always on the edge of cramps, vivid frightening dreams that leave me very puzzled in the mornings--WTH was that about? Fatigue and lack of energy, enthusiasm.

Doug | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/22/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I've been taking this for a couple years now and it has lowered my BP nicely. I don't notice any serious negative side effects so this has been a wonderful find for me. I'm happy with the outcome the only negative is that I need to be near a bathroom in the morning as I have to go every 45 minutes or so.

Helena | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/20/2014
Condition: High Blood Pressure

It keeps my B/P under control however, side effects include vivid dreams and severe hair loss ( traumatic for a female).

Someguy | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/5/2013
Condition: High Blood Pressure

The medication is controlling my BP but it most certainly is giving me abnormal dreams. I'm not aware of any impact on my waking perona, but my dream life is totally changed. This makes me wonder if it is affecting my mind somehow.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/10/2013
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I believe this med. causes me to have vivid, frieghtening dreams.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient

7/8/2012
bob | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/26/2010
Condition: High Blood Pressure

i am overweight. take lipitor and this drug for cholestrol and high blood pressure.had checkup last week. cholestrol down to 3.8.I also suffer from sleep apnea. I AM ALWAYS TIRED AND SUFFER FROM SWOLLEN LEGS AND ANKLES.Is it safe to continue this drug.;