I am an insulin dependent diabetic they call me brittle. I started using Avandia two years ago and it was so good I didn't have to use insulin any more the pill did it all. Then after two years it stopped working cold turkey. I am now back to insulin only. No other oral medication works. I would like to know why Avandia all of a sudden stopped working. No one has an answer.?

I am concerned about weakness in the joints and being tired. Vision seems to have become a little less clear. Not sure if medication is the cause. In the process of finding out.

David | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/19/2016
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

After experiencing Congestive Heart Failure in 2003, my doctors prescribed Avandia to treat my Diabetes II disease. While being observed by a cardiologist and a diabetes specialist, I took Avandia oral for 2 years until the FDA warned against its use. I never experienced any side effects and my blood sugar was effectively controlled with Metformin and Glyburide without insulin to an A1C of 6.8.

towdog | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
1/2/2012
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

developed heart problems have had stents installed,pacemaker, heart attacks, stuff has shortened my life span don't ever take this drug

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient