The medicine is being used to prevent infection after my surgery. The only side effect I have had is nausea. Besides that the medicine as worked very effectively.

My son developed post-op lumbar wound infection due to Methicillin-Susceptible Staphylococcus Aureus (MSSA). Fifteen days after have back surgery to fix 2 herniated discs he developed this infection. Now he has to take Cefazolin for six weeks through a PICC line. After being on the antibiotic for five days he has developed pain in his groin and armpits. Not sure what this means. Can't find ou...

Saunders61 | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/13/2017
Condition: Bacterial Infection of Heart Valve

After developing an allergy to daptomycin and rifampin, while fighting off endocarditis and septic shock, cefazolin was prescribed. It seemed to do the job, however I did need to self-administer intravenously via a PICC line. Also killed my appetite for a few months.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/19/2016
Condition: Infection of Bone

I have been on this for a short time and find myself exhausted! So far can't find anything that states this is a side effect. Hope this works.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | Patient
6/23/2014
Tanya | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/2/2014
Condition: Infection of Bone

I have Lower limb Ischemia and have Bone Necrosis in my legs I have open ulcers that have not healed in two years, I have been using Cefazolan1 1,000mg though a picc line for the last eight weeks, with another 2 weeks to go I have found that finally my ulcers on my leg are slowly healing, I have had no side affects to speak of other than loss of weight and appetite,but that is coming back slowly

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/2/2013
Condition: Infection of a Joint

seems ok @ 6gms per day, via Paragon IV (Bomb)