I have had NO side effects. I inject myself before bed, so if there are side effects, I don't notice them. This is the easiest self-injectable I have ever used!

This drug causes an extreme reaction in my 89 year old mother. Severe pain in her jaw and arms, flushing and heat in the face, dizziness for an hour or more after the shot. She has always had low BP but now even that is unpredictable and can be seriously high on any given day.

Colleen | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/20/2022
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I have never been an athletic type woman however I was very active physically, even more since my retirement in 2014. We have a few acres of woods & field that we try to keep naturalized & have a continual battle against noxious weeds. One year ago this month (10-2022) we were marking spots of poison ivy & poke weed that would need attention in the spring & not paying attention I tripped & fell face first on the hard ground. As the shock wore off the pain set in, worse in my back & legs and I couldn’t walk without help & screaming pain. Long story short, after many doctors & evaluations we were told that I had fractured 3 vertebrae but had severe osteoporosis & the spinal fusion surgery couldn’t be done as my bones were too porous to hold the hardware. I needed to build bone and be reevaluated. The plan was start physical therapy and a bone building medication. Appts were made & I began PT and the insurance process for Tymlos got started. Not long into PT the therapist did something called “passive traction” meaning he pulled extremely hard on my leg causing a new & wicked pain which a trip to urgent care the next day confirmed I now had a broken pelvis. When I started Tymlos my rheumatologist said it would help that fracture heal; by week #4 of Tymlos the pain from the pelvic fracture was almost gone. Impressive. If it is building bone that well I’ll say mission accomplished. I have had no side affects at all which prompted me to call my pharmacy to make sure I wasn’t getting a placebo. I’m still early in my Tymlos journey, 4 months, but with all of this said, I am optimistic and hope others can feel optimism as well :)Read More Read Less

Janet Doak | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/14/2022
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

Financial information for persons on this medication to be aware of: I would never have been able to afford Tymlos without co-pay assistance arranged by my physician. My insurance billed me over $2,900 with the explanation that the co-pay assistance funds had been exhausted on a tymlos prescription in January, 2022. I was shocked and would have stopped this medication if I had known that I would be responsible for this cost that I, and most people are unable to afford out of pocket. I’m sure that my physician would have helped me find another medication alternative, had she known this. I will not go on tymlos again in 2 years, as discussed with my physician. Sadly, I will need to find another alternative to Tymlos that is more affordable.Read More Read Less

christy | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/11/2022

its only been a few weeks since i started injecting Tymlos. However, i've gained weight in my belly where you give yourself the injection. i rotate sides, i haven't had pain. But i've noticed just in my belly, that it looks like i'm pregnant which i'm not. no matter how much i work out, the belly is the only area not changing. I keep a fairly healthy diet, but i've never had a change like this. Tymlos is the only new thing i've had. i found on inspire.com that others have weight gain in their in their stomach's as well. not sure if this new "fat" will go away if i end up dc'ing the injection. Read More Read Less

Dawn | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/10/2022
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I have just begun taking Tymlos, but an challenged because of the location they suggest for the injection. After gaining 75 lbs while being pregnant with triplets, I had to have surgery to repair torn stomach muscles and remove excess skin. Now as an 87lb women who works out regularly, my small stomach is very muscular but covered with scar tissue and stretch marks. Is there an alternative location where I can inject the Tymlos?

So far so good | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/28/2022
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I have been injecting Tymlos for a month and have not experienced any side effects other than a headache in the morning which dissipated after about 30 minutes. I inject it at night 30 minutes before bed. My habits of regular exercise, daily stretches and drinking lots of water may help deter other side effects. The daily injection takes a little getting used to but it’s a minor and temporary discomfort. So far, so good.

Vivien | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/14/2022
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I have been on Tymlos for only 7 months so far. It does make my heart rate go up to about 90 to 93 beats per minute for the first hour post injection but gradually comes down to about 68. I do get more tired during the day but that could also be the beta blocker I was put on just before taking Tymlos. My DEXA scan isn't for 2 months so I have no idea if it is helping. The plus so far is that the MRONJ ( medication related osteonecrosis of the jaw) I developed from Reclast and again with Prolia has cleared up . The oral surgeon at Penn Medicine said it is also used as a treatment for MRONJ. So that is a huge plus. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/19/2022
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I have been taking Tymlos for about 3 months for osteoporosis in my spine. When I first started, I had heart palpitations and pressure headaches which lasted about 45 minutes post injection. Those side effects have gradually resolved. Pushing a lot of water and staying well hydrated I think helped. About a month into the injections, I also developed strange sensations in my distal extremities (mostly lower legs and feet). The sensations are brief, intermittent, pulsating and feel like tiny rubber bands being flicked under my skin. They are not painful just annoying and resolve as quickly as they come. I only notice them when I am still like when I am driving or lying in bed. I have no idea what they are and my Doctor was perplexed. I hope they are my bones growing/building but I must admit they freak me out sometimes. Wondering if anyone else has felt them or something similar ? I am looking forward to the day I can repeat my bone scan and Hopefully see much improvement in my BMD. Read More Read Less

Che | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/15/2021
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I had some nausea and heart palpitations at different times using the medicine. Periodic "growing" pains felt in the first year. My dexa scores remained the same for the most part and one was a -.1 worse. I was really excited at the possibility of increasing my bone mass but ended up where I started.

Kristen | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/27/2021
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I was diagnosed with severe osteoporosis in my spine about 4 years ago. Started Tymlos 2 years ago at a -3.5 in spine. After 2 years and tolerating the medication very well I am thrilled to say my t-score has improved to -2.1!! No more osteoporosis and a 15% improvement in bone density. I am very pleased with my results but worked very hard to get tons of calcium in my diet and exercised 5 days a week. Dont give up but you have to work to get good results.

Terese | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/27/2020
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

It’s easy to do but no where on the side effects do I see why I get such a bad chest tightening. However, all side effects only last about an hour so I give myself a shot an hour before bed. Only been doing it for a month so we’ll see.

Barb | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/5/2020
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

I do have about a two hour increase in heart rate but find if I hydrate a lot before using, it helps that. Had 2 fractures and was still having microfractures prior to taking. From that I was in a lot of pain but within a month of taking Tymlos, I felt stronger with much less pain, more like my old self again.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/1/2020
Condition: osteoporosis in postmenopausal woman at high risk for fracture

i frill diary often during the day and it makes me sad sometime and I am achey in my joints all the time and i bruise very easily especially my abdomen.

Linda | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/28/2019
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

The drug is very easy to use. I have only been using it for 4 months, so do not know if it is effective. My biggest complaint is that it causes rapid heart rate and exhaustion. I tried taking before bed, but my heart beats very hard and I get ringing in my ears. I feel bad for the rest of the day after the shot, so morning is out. Iâ??ve decided around 6:00 pm is the best time, although using it at all has made be feel weak and tired. Hopefully, it will work.

Kat Meow | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/24/2019

Dawg | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
4/26/2019

Marcus | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/27/2019
Condition: Decreased Bone Mass Following Menopause

I can only give myself a shot every other day because it raises my heart rate. It also makes me feel bad every day I have to give myself a shot.