The one side effect that I hate is that over the years (almost immediately, and continuingly) I gained 50 lbs.--wasn't eating even 1/3 of what I used to eat. When it says in the side effects "may cause weight gain" it REALLY DOES, and I haven't been able to lose that weight.

On Actos for 5 years 30mg am 15pm. Terrible leg cramping and pain last 2 years but Dr would not take me off ! I lost 80lbs and ended up in the hospital after having a blood sugar of 24 ! Now being tested for bladder and Liver CANCER ! This IMO is a bad drug !

4/20/2021

Jo | 55-64 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/7/2019
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Absolutely no control over sugars since taking this. With no warning, suddenly my sugars would drop like an elevator plummetting. Couldn't trust myself behind the wheel. Once I blacked out driving, so I stopped taking actos that day. Dr. wanted me to keep taking it, but I refused.

drug | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver