Having read many threads on this forum I havn`t read any from users who also suffer with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) so I thought it might be helpful to share my experience as I have had IBS since my late teens. I am 64 now. I started as most people do with a weekly injection of .25 mg to start my body to get used to Ozempic. I thought at first that I had no side effects. This was not quite cor...

the "instructions" state that I take .25mg for 1st week and then .5mg thereafter.The graduations on the pen show nothing but dashes until you reach 1mg. the instructions also state that you can only take 1mg with this pen. wtf?

Camille | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/29/2022

Help! I have a pen - administered two .25 doses and now on my third one nothing is happening. The .25 isn't going down to zero? Am I doing something wrong or is the pen malfunctioning? It's an expensive malfunction if so!

kiki | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/26/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

This is week 11 on Ozempic. I am 65, female, type 2 diabetic. My starting weight was 144, I am now at 136. Starting A1c - 6.5. I started with 2 weeks at .25, followed by 2 weeks at .50, then 4 weeks at 1.0, 2 weeks at 1.5 and now on 2.0 dose. My morning fasting numbers have dropped from the 140’s to the 110’s. I went from taking 2000 mg Metformin and 6.25 mg of Alogliptin daily to just the Ozempic. I have had some minor side effects, loss of appetitive, slight constipation, some fatigue. I have continued my daily walking which I have done for over 12 years and eat anything I want,(within reason as I still watch my carbs). I have found that eating small amounts of food several times a day has kept me from having any nausea and vomiting. I inject into my thighs. I do have occasional minor cramping in my intestines. Ozempic has taken me from the overweight range to the normal weight range and am looking forward to seeing the decrease in my A1c.Read More Read Less

Larry | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/22/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I been taking .5 once a week and getting real sick to the point where I can't function. Bad stomach ache and nausea

Holland | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/21/2022

I started using Ozempic as I was showing symptoms of pre-type 2 diabetes and had elevated blood sugar levels. This medication has changed my life. I have dealt with weight issues due to PCOS since I was a teenager. Ozempic has helped curb my cravings and I have steadily lost 1.5-2 lbs a week. I did have side effects when I started but the ability to turn away food and know when my body was full far outweighs any discomfort. It is an injection which is a little unnerving but the needle is super small. I just had my lab work done and all my levels were fine. I have been doing a .5 ml but will be switching to the 1 ml next week. I still exercise everyday and eat right, it’s not a miracle drug, but Ozempic has given me that little extra boost to get my weight loss journey started. Read More Read Less

Jim | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/20/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Once on the 1mg dosage became very ill after a couple of months .Really bad stomach problems. First pain in stomach followed by constipation ,then really bad diarrhea , then later in the day vomiting. This was going on for nearly 3 weeks. Saw the diabetic nurse and she agreed for me to stop taking it. Three or four days later felt better ,three weeks later right as rain .I feel this is a dangerous drug after my experience.

Just Me | 3-6 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/19/2022

Switched from Wegovy due to supply problems making getting the script filled impossible. More side effects with Ozempic for some reason. A lot of belching and passing of incredible amounts of gas (not frequently, but each episode is enormous!). Easy to use.

Krista | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/17/2022

I am taking this medication to help with weight loss, as I am not diabetic. I started with the usual .25 dose for 4 weeks and it didn't do anything in terms of weight loss or for hunger. I felt mild symptoms, mostly just tiredness but nothing too terrible. When I increased the dose to .50, the tiredness increased as well and I felt a little discomfort at times, but again nothing major. I did not lose any weight and it did not help with hunger. I am now on my second week at the 1.0 dose and my hunger is completely gone. I have no cravings for food and I find that I am for needing my tell myself to eat. I started a low calorie diet(Noom) on June 01/22 as well, and I am happy to say that in since then(17days ago) I have lost 13lbs. I think the combination for Ozempic at 1.0 dose and the low cal diet is the magic wand and is working for me. I have bouts of dizziness, still very tired but the lbs are melting off almost effortlessly. I encourage people to give it some time and press on through the ill effects, it gets better and I have much hope that this medication will help me towards my goals in weight loss. Good luck all, hope this helps?? I will try to post in the future with updates.Read More Read Less

Pooh Bear | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/15/2022

I started Ozempic on June 7, 2022. It is now June 15th and have lost 10 lbs. My 2nd injection was yesterday and I'm noticing a weird taste in my mouth. It isn't bad enough to cause concerns.

Saxlady | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/15/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I have lost almost 60lbs, started at .25 increased to .50 and then to 1mg. No real side effects to speak of other than constipation so I take Miralax daily. A1C went from 8.3 to 6.7, Dr. increased me to 2mg and I experienced nausea, so am going back to 1mg as that seems to be my sweet spot. Still steadily losing weight which is a blessing and I eat when I am hungry, but small portions as not real hungry and making better choices.

Fupagone | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year |
6/13/2022

Started .25 for 2 months. Have been on .5 for 6 months. Started ozempic at 265 current weight 229. Extremely happy with results. Slim fast twice a day and 1 meal

angie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/10/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

im now up to 1mg on my ozempic and ive pretty much lost my appetite and the weight is just dropping off so easily

Qckndrty | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/9/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

For reference, I really work closely with my endocrinologist to take control of my health and here are my results so far. Just dosed 8th week on Wed. First four weeks 2.5 now using.5. Only problems I experienced at .25 was moderate bloat and foul burping. Did not lose weight or experience any nasty nausea or constipation. Past four weeks at .50, drastically different effects and results. So nauseaus, throwing up frequently, like 2-3x per day, bad constipation which leads to more vomiting. Or if i begin to heat up and start sweating. I've read enough of these reviews to know what can occur so I'm roughing it out until my follow up next week with my Dr. I've lost ~15bs these past four weeks. My blood sugar went low for the first time in my life so I've discontinued Humalog 20 units x2 daily and I'm testing good range glucose-normal for 2 weeks now. Dr also took me off Januvia to start so I'm taking .50 ozempic and Jardiance only now. Honestly I don't think I can keep this up unless the nausea and tiredness subsides which I hate to think of stopping since it is working. Just some nasty nausea and constipation, very little appetite. My urination has drastically been reduced, too. I've read where people say that's because the sugar isn't needing to be flushed as frequently frequently and I know I'm not drinking enough water because I'm always full.Read More Read Less

Love it | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/8/2022

I started this medication in early February with typical instructions. Four weeks of 0.25mg followed by four weeks of 0.5mg and 1mg thereafter. It is now early June and I have lost 35 pounds. I am feeling more confident and and am relieved to not see the number on the scale steadily increasing anymore. I highly recommend trying it.

Will G | 65-74 | Patient
6/8/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

has done nothing after a few months, is a nuisance to use, will likely stop taking this no weight loss no reduction of A1C - I have stead 6.5 no side effects

Srj | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/6/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I took my first dose. The day after I had a rash on my back, then stomach, around my eyes are swelling. My legs have a rash and on my upper inner thighs. Wound up in emergency room getting treatment for an allergic reaction! Very disappointed! It took away my appetite and seemed like it would have worked for weight loss. I don’t know about diabetes though, only took one dose and had the awful allergic reaction.

Chris | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/4/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Zero side effects so far. I'm on 1mg a week now. My weight is steadily going down and I have lost 21 pounds with zero effort. I am unable to eat even a quarter of what I used to. Sweets have lost their luster and I have no desire to eat sweets like I used to. I don't obsess over food either. This is a wonder drug.

Shann | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
5/31/2022

I have just taken my 12th dose and I am down 35 pounds. Easy to use and minimal side effects. I take vitamins also daily, b13, d3, c, biotin, collegan and fiber chews. I follow my dr direction for food intake. Low carb 50 grams per meal or less and water. Long way to go to reach my goal weight but Ozempic will help me get there :)

Ozempic | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/31/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

Ozempic has stabilised my blood glucose levels and increased my weight loss target to a better health since I commenced using it in conjunction with a healthy portion diet and exercise. It’s an appetite suppressant as it slows down gastric function. I found constipation can be a side effect and no appetite.

mellybelly | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/30/2022

Just started a few days ago. Had a lingering headache, and some constipation. My headache came back today -maybe because I ate a heavy-sugar snack? As others previously mentioned, I have that "weird" feeling in my tummy. lol, it's not even something you can identify with to be honest, it's just weird. The feeling of not needing to eat is there, the mental part is the difficult part- I KNOW that Nanaimo bar tastes good... do I really want it-- or just recall that it tastes good.. weighing in whether to tackle it or not...yet side tracked in any way takes me away from the memory of good food. So that's good! Gas-- yes biggest gassy noises ever- glad I can go outside quickly to pass. Needle is not worth mentioning- simple, no pain, just sit on skin, press button, count and release. Simple. I do not know of it's effectiveness yet, however I know my daughter lost 16lbs in two weeks. The cost is not covered for me, but it is so important for me to take the weight off my knees that it's worth scrimping for- plus I will buy less goodies! Win-win. I will touch base as my body decides what it's going to do.. Way too many diets, too silly to have surgery and risk my life- this could be a real God-send to so many of us that have been on the yoyo dieting train for too many years to count! Good Luck to all.Read More Read Less

Sam Hall | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/29/2022
Condition: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus

I have been using this drug for about a year now. I had very mild nausea the first week. No issues since then. My A1C is now 6.0. I eat pretty much what I want and I have lost over 50lb. I might be a rare exception, but I am getting ready to talk to my doctor about reducing the dosage. I am now losing unwanted weight. I was 215 lbs and now I am 160.