I recently switched to another birth control pill after several years on this one and I regret it! I was on low ogestrel for several years with no pregnancy, short (only 2-3 days)periods, very little cramping and very regular periods. I find it easy enough to take a pill everyday, so it was easy for me. I have nothing bad to say about this medication! I'm switching back as soon as I can...

This is the generic to Lo-Overal. I was on this medication for 10 months. I switched to this because my other brand caused a lack of sex drive. The Dr that prescribed this was a family dr. and not an OBGYN. Unfortuntely she pretty much went eenie meenie miney moe to pick this for me. My side effects made me think something was wrong with me as I had severe depression, tired all the time no matter ...

DiamondCutter | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/12/2021
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

Been on it 2months. First month I went up 2 cup sizes and gained 10lbs at a time I was actively (and previously successfully) trying to lose weight. My boobs hurt 24/7 still and my nipples have been hard since day 2. Bleeding has lightened considerably, and no nausea or headaches here. Basically just titty torture.

graypjs | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/19/2020

This medication does it's job, however, the side effects are definitely worth considering. About two months into taking this drug I started having bouts of nausea and vomiting (lasting 2-3 days) that I still get at least twice a month. I have also developed regular migraines, one of which resulted in my fainting. Furthermore, I have had a significant increase in my anger outbursts. I never used to be this angry over things, but after taking this birth control for a couple months, I began to explode with rage, which is quite rare for me. Positives: my period was much lighter, shorter, and less painful, I did not worry about unplanned pregnancy, and neither my weight nor acne were affected.

Funmi | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/11/2020
Condition: Absence of Menstrual Periods

I used this medication for about three months and during that time I developed deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism... Basically a blood clot in my leg and one in my lungs. I almost died!! I am still living with constant breathing issues and pain at the base of my lungs. Be very wary and ask lots of questions before taking these pills. Also, I had no preexisting condition that could have caused the clot. The doctors ran tests! I would never recommend it to anyone.

PCOS Patient | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/26/2019

I was prescribed this drug when I was 14 for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (11 years ago). Though I've never known adulthood without it, it's never caused any major problems for me. It has been 100% effective contraception and has regulated my periods. I recommend doing what I did in recent years and use this "continuously active," taking the white pills only for three months and then allowing yourself to have a period. It has helped a bit with mood/diet regulation.

Vick | 25-34 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/25/2019

I have been taking this BC for approx 6 years give or take. My new DR and I have been trying to figure out why I am having so many heath issues. We have come to the conclusion that this BC made my blood pressure increase that my DR and I are having problems controlling. My weight has never been so hard to manage either. I was told I have elevated liver enzymes now and I have a diseased Gallbladder. I have all the long term side effects of the medication. About a year ago I began having heart palpitations about 4 days in a new pill pack that would occur randomly for about a week, then they would go away. I got scared and I started tracking it. This pill is the cause if my health issues, I will be moving to a non-hormonal IUD. It has most definitely prevented pregnancy, not even a scare. It is very effective. I have just personally had long term side effects.