I take 10mg at night an hour before bed along with 10mg of Valium. It is the only combo that I have had success with and if I don't take it I cannot sleep at all. I have tried Ambien and Trazadone in the past and they stopped working. Also tired Serequel but had an adverse reaction as it woke me up instead of making me sleep. I am very happy with it and have no drowsy side effects in the morning. ...

Scary stuff Heed the warnings - e.g., avoid alcohol and taking more than prescribed dosage Has led to bizarre dreams, sleepwalking and potentially fatal bike race accident when the dosage belatedly became effective Not worth the risk Instead try exercise, hot milk and a good book

Brian Valerie | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/19/2021
Condition: Insomnia with Middle of the Night Awakening and 4 Hours Sleep Time Remaining

It works well when I am unable to RESUME sleep after having already slept for about four hours or less.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
1/21/2021

My PCP prescribed this as-needed for early morning waking and middle-of-the-night waking, a big problem for me. She said it was good for when you need to sleep a few more hours and it's used by shift workers. I take 5 mg when I wake up and it does not work well at all. On the few occasions I've been able to get back to sleep at all, it can take up to 2 hours to fall asleep which defeats the whole point because I have to get up for work. So I feel worse than if I had taken nothing. Very disappointed. This drug doesn't work as promised. Generic Ambien used to work well for me but then it stopped working.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/8/2019
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Doesn't work - doesn't help falling asleep - and only sleep for less than 4 hours

taps | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/24/2018

after 5 years on bipolar medications I could not sleep without psych meds. After stopping the meds,my melatonin level has not returned,so I am awake a lot at night. zaleplon was prescribed and told that it would take a year to regain normal sleep without zaleplon. Exercise helps only alittle.

lady | 45-54 | Patient