I take zaleplon (the generic form of Sonata) when I wake up in the middle of the night after sleeping only 4-5 hours. I am wide awake at this time and find that if I do nothing, I can't get back to sleep for at least another 2 hours. Since this medication is effective for only a few hours, I take a pill. It works quickly (10-20 minutes) and I sleep for another 3-4 hours which does give me a nic...

does not put me to to sleep. I just there on my side trying to sleep, i roll too the other side and there is no difference a get i get a severe on my left femur, today I fell down when I put mt weight on the left. i am being very agitated over the simplest water the the lawn , making Brownie, tpying

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/10/2019
Condition: Difficulty Falling Asleep

I had great success with the generic version made by Teva (10 mg, light and dark green capsule). Pharmacy switched to a different manufacturer (navy capsule), and this version is awful for me. It's like the company uses caffeine as a filler! I can't take it because it makes me feel wired and I get NO SLEEP. I have gone through withdrawal because I was told that neither the brand name Sonata nor the Teva product is available.

Shananana | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/12/2018
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

This sleep medicine is horrendous. I have been trying to find a sleep medicine that properly treats my insomnia for over three years now. Normally I have one problem, I still don't fall asleep.. however when my Dr prescribed me this I had horrible reactions. I had a really bad anxiety attack, I was shaking and sweating, I couldn't speak properly, I also threw up. Use with caution!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/18/2018
Condition: Difficulty Falling Asleep

Another sleepless night. This drug did nothing. Played awake all night. East of time.

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/6/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Have Parkinson's and used AmbienER for years, but became ineffective. Switched to Sonata a few weeks ago. First few nights got little sleep but Doctor had said I would need to stick with it. Got better and going to stick with it. Easier to fall asleep with it and sleep 4-6 hours. Usually wake up for about 45 minutes but fall back asleep for 3 hours. Very vivid and weird dreams. Helps to not eat for a few hours prior. Like it better than Ambien.

Cant sleep with mask on | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/28/2017
Condition: Chronic Trouble Sleeping

Doctor trying to get me of Ambian that works well if you have to wear a c-pap for breathing. The sonata has little to no effect so I am back to watching the clock for hours trying to sleep with a mask on. Dont waste your time on this drug. Hopefully you can wear your c=pap mask without any drugs .Try smoking a little pot before bed it helps.