This antibiotic is super-effective at relieving my tonsillitis. I suffer from severe tonsillitis once every year or two and Cefadroxil eliminates the inflammation and fever within a couple of days!

I was given a rx for 1 gram twice a day and then developed liver inflammation X3 and was not well for about 2 wks. I think I was given a very high dose -

Cefadroxil | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/5/2020
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

Side effects : Nausea and repetative dreams , heartburn, upset stomach

Mary | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/8/2020
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

I was prescribed 500 mg 2x a day for 10 days to treat a bladder infection. I had no side effects. My only problem is that it didn't work. 10 days and I still have a bladder infection. I am now on Bactrim.

Tess | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/14/2017

This was prescribed for sinus infection and ear problems after a bout of the flu. I had a headache for a time and some muscle aches. No worrisome GI problems. Sinus infection is cleared up and ear issues so it was effective.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
8/8/2013
Condition: Skin Infection

My daughter is taking it for severe acne/infection as a replacement for Doxycycline. She reports severe stomach pain and nausea that become unbearable when she tries to exercise or exert herself in any way.

Stan | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/3/2013

I was prescribed this drug for a glance infection in my leg. And I am extremely constipated and have extreme stomach pains. With a heavy migraine.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/2/2013

I was prescribed 500MG prior to having a salavia stone removed from the duct under my tongue. I took 1 pill and my head started itching, I developed congestion and a cough and stomach discomfort. I got the Dr. to call in something else to take.

cefadroxil | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/29/2013

vivid dreams when taken at night

kml | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/8/2012

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
1/19/2012

I have been on this medication for over 6 weeks and still have an infection in my lower leg after having a total knee replacement. the pain is unreal and there is still swelling and redness in the lower leg, with alot of pain..

gg | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/11/2011

caused stomach pain,diarrhea,stomach swelling,jaundice and nausea for several days now.I am having blood work done.

ginjoe | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/2/2011
Condition: Skin Infection

after 3 days of taking this medication I started to get a serious itching problem.

cefadroxil | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/10/2010

This med was prescribed subsequent to having a nerve stimulator device implanted for the bladder to prevent bladder infection. My only problem has been I came down with a painful sore throat on the second day of taking this medication. Not sure if it is a secondary infection or what.

cjltrekker | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/11/2010

Amputated a portion of my ring finger four days ago. Doctor prescribed this to keep bateria at bay. No side effects at all so far.

mamalong | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/27/2010
Condition: Infection of the Urinary Tract caused by Proteus Bacteria

did not stop the bacteria w/first dose, but the 2nd time around it did. good stuff.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/23/2010

Given as antibiotic after cut on hand from barbed wire fence. One pill made me break out in hives within a couple of hours.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/18/2010

Bad diarreah and GI problems after the 2nd pill. Discontinued. Took me 3 days to get my GI back to normal

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/13/2010
Condition: Skin Infection

Gave me diarrhea on my 5th day. Cleared up my ear infection.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | Patient
11/3/2009
Condition: Skin Infection due to Streptococcus Pyogenes Bacteria

JUST TAKING ANOTHER ANTIBIOTIC.HAVING SOME SIDE EFFECTS SUCH AS JOINT AND ARM PAIN AND STIFFNESS IN SHOULDERS AND ELBOWS.KEEPS YOU AWAKE AT NIGHT WITH SLIGHT PAIN IN THESE AREAS.

mark | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/14/2009

I broke out in a terrible rash on my upper body and it caused very uncomfortable itching. I had to take methylpredisolone to stop the rash.

Jessie.Haven | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/11/2009
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

I had pain in my lower abdomen from what I later found out to be a from a UTI. I got my prescription and within a couple of days of taking it as recommended, the pain began to disburse. However, symptoms of UTI include flu-like symptoms, fever, headaches, body aches, and chills. So I began to think that this medication only got rid of the abdominal pain and not the other symptoms. Almost a week later of feeling the same way, I did some research on this drug. THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE THAT OF A UTI AND WORSE!!! Now I have gained a noticeable amount of weight, I'm extremely moody, my belly is swollen, and I now need an ultrasound to check my organs. Initially, my doctor instructed me to finish off the bottle, no matter how much better I felt. You gotta be kidding me. I chose today to stop taking this terrible "cure". This is why there's those commercials out there that brandish the drugs and mutely and rapidly describe the side effects of the drugs only to create a public service announcement asking if any of our loved ones have died due to their product and to call their hotline. For what? To apologize? I would never, ever, EVER recommend this drug to ANYONE!! Look for other alternatives. Heck, buy 10 gallons of cranberry juice for all I care. Just not this.Read More Read Less