I have had migraines for about 20 years. I get about 15 migraines per month. Currently I take Topomax daily as a preventative and Rizatriptan with Naproxen at the onset of a migraine. The emergency meds generally only work half the time. I took my first dose of Ajovy on 11/15. During the past month Iâ??ve only had one migraine (managed with one Rizatriptan). I also felt like I was getting a migr...

Jersey girl | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/12/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I have had migraines for 60 years and have tried prophylactic medication along with many migraine medications. But still had more than 9 a month which each would last 3 continuous days. Three months ago I tried Ajovy; once a month injection. And I have not had one migraine. It’s amazing no side effects but I have lost 10 lbs. not sure if that’s a side effect but I’m not complaining I’m just not that hungry. I feel so good that I don’t have to worry that I might get one and not be prepared with medication.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/24/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Ajovy has worked well almost eliminating my migraines, however after the second injection I developed an allergic reaction which means I can’t use it again. :( in consultation with the neurologist I have discontinued the treatment.

Ashley.A | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/12/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Since my first injection a month and 2 weeks ago I have had a migraine that has been almost a 10 out of 10 for pain and agony almost 3 to 4 times a week at least ever since taking this medicine. I should have taken my second dose as of June 9th or so, but the pharmacist told me to wait until I talked to my doctor about why I'm still seeing so many migraines and why they have gotten worse and more frequent since taking this medicine rather than this medicine doing its job and lessening migraines. I am not very happy with these results. She set me up for a monthly dose and my first dose was a double dose.Read More Read Less

Ajk | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/1/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I have had migraines for 35years. Was experiencing headaches 20 out of 30 days. Dropped by migraines down to 5-6 a month in the first month. Injection site redness and bruising at times. I’ve been on it over a year now. But the last 3 months I have begun to have extreme dry mouth, palpitations occasionally, sweating that is worse in the first week after the injection. I am not sure I will take the next dose as the side effects seem to be cumulative.

Natfur | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/1/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

There are many side effects that aren’t listed on the official website. I have been taking it for almost 1 year. I have lost over 50 pounds, have severe constipation, spent 3 months with suicidal thoughts, and many others. My neurologist advised me to stop taking the drug last week. It will probably take 6 months to get it out of my system, and am praying the side effects go away now. I would advise anyone thinking of taking it, proceed with caution. It has nearly ruined my life.

MigraineMama | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/20/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

This medication has been a game changer in eliminating my severe migraines. I used to have approximately 10 debilitating migraines / month. HOWEVER, after 5 months of taking Ajovy, I suddenly developed cellulitis at the injection site - even though I always disinfect the injection site with isopropyl alcohol. The second time the cellulitis was so bad that I had to be treated with antibiotics. Also, not sure if the Ajovy is to blame, but I've also developped vertigo / dizzyness in the last 3 weeks which came out of nowhere. Read More Read Less

Lisa M | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/28/2020
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I had the ajovy shot 4 days ago, when I 1st took it, it made my left side numb, went away after about 2 hrs, but I have been experiencing heart palpitations and some stomach issues- and gas- If these heart palpitations don't go away, I won;t be taking this drug again- even those so far it has eased my headaches. I do not trust a drug that says it has NO side effects- because everyone's body is different- and this what I have experienced. I didn't know if I could take Tylenol or not for pain? haven't yet, cuz I scared it may make my side effects worse- Tomapax worked for awhile, but it made my hands numb all the time- so I had to quit taking it.Just be aware you may have side effects- Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/8/2020
Condition: Migraine Prevention

this is my first month on Ajovy and in 25 years have never gone a whole month without migraines. Usually 3 x a week I was taking imutrex sq

Virginia | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/8/2020
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Reduction in migraine days from 15+ per month to 3-4 days. site reaction and possible weight gain due to drug.

AMCO | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/21/2020
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I've been taking this drug for approximately 1 1/2 years. So far it is the only medication that has more consistently worked at preventing migraines than any other medication I've taken in the past.

Mtnlady | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/20/2020
Condition: Migraine Prevention

The first month was "maybe this will work for me". reduced migraines and felt better. Second month, started not feeling good. Just kinda sick, but you know with migraines you can feel that way often. Third month, I had full blown flu like symptoms but did not have the flu. I was miserable. I went in to see the Dr., she asked how it was going and I told her i wasn't feeling well. Before I could tell her, she said that she had had quite a few patients that - and she went into the exact scenario I had experienced. She was going to report it to the drug company but I have yet to see that as a side effect. Needless to say, I did not continue the treatment and will just manage my life as before. I do hope this can be a game changer for other people. Read More Read Less

Lacey | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/14/2019
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I have had migraines sense I was 10 years old 3-4 a week . I am on my second month of Ajovy and have not had any migraines ! A few small headaches but over the counter meds have taken them away. However I have had flu like symptoms , terrible body cramps , my joints hurt, brain fog and fast heart rate all with my second dose. This drug took away my migraines but brought me many unwanted side effects. Not sure if I will take my next injection ...

ST | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/15/2019
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Began taking Ajovy 5 months ago and it has reduced severe headache days (needing Imitrex injection) to zero from 12-20 per year; minor headaches days (needing Maxalt)to 1 per month from 2-3 /week. I have experience weight gain and tinnitus as side effects.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/6/2019
Condition: Migraine Prevention

After trying several different preventatives, my neurologist convinced me to try Ajovy. When I started treatment I was taking 30 mg of Pamelor every day as a preventative. I had one headache two days after my first injection, then I went 6 weeks w/ no headache. I thought Iâ??d found the my miracle drug. Since then Iâ??ve had 8 episodes in less than 30 days. Iâ??m only using the Ajovy as a preventative as Iâ??d stopped the Pamelor the same day as my second injection. Imitrex doesnâ??t seem to work as well w/ the Ajovy either. Read More Read Less

HeadacheFree | 35-44 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/16/2019
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I a?m taking Ajovy for 10 months now. For 20 years I ha?ve had more than 15 migraines per month. Now I will get one per month - which feels more like a dull ache or like the onset of a migraine that does not break through. I ha?ve had to take my emergency migraine pills only once all these months, plus Iâ??m off Topomax finally! This drug has given me my life back. Only complaint is with the syringe (hard to push) and some redness at injection site.

Vicki | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/12/2019
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I have suffered from Migraines for over 30yrs. I have been on dozens of prescription medications and OTC supplements. I tried Botox for over a year, but rarely got through a week without a Migraine. It did cut down the severity and number of headache days. I have been on Ajovy for over two months (once a month injection). It has been a real game changer. I have had only "four" minor headache days, which Sumatriptan knocks them right out. Many times I feel a headache may be coming on, but it doesn't materialize. I had no injection site discomfort or any side affects, besides feeling fatigued when I'm not being active. So far I can say it has helped my quality of life substancially, but I am still guarded and cautiously optimistic. Read More Read Less

headache free | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/5/2019
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I have gone from 15 (more or less) migraines per month, with no consistent migraine triggers to two this month. Sumatriptan was my only relief and I was concerned about the frequency of using it and was daily fearful that I would wake up or develop a headache. Those two headaches while on Ajovy were resolved with ibuprofen, which in the past would never have touched my headaches. I was able to go backpacking at 8000 ft. with no headache. I have not been at high altitude without a headache in 20 years or so. Ajovy feels like a miracle drug. I have not noticed any negative side effects. I have tried other prophylactic medicines and none worked. Ajovy is a life-changing drug for me.Read More Read Less

Majornurse | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/26/2019
Condition: Migraine Prevention

The drug only works for 3 weeks then migraines returns. I have spoke to other users and they have the same complaint

Have faith to fly | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/22/2019
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I have been taking Ajovy for 6 months and has reduced my migraines from 15 per month to 0. A couple side effects have been that my tinnitus from too many ibuprofen over the years has gotten worse, and some dizziness. These have not been so severe that I will stop taking this drug.

PainedinKY | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/17/2019
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Takes approx 4 days to kick in after shot. Only lasts about 20 days. Wish it lasted longer. I still get headaches but they start and then go away on their own while the shot is working.