I have had very good results with this medication. I am a crohn's disease patient and so also get duodenal ulcers and have had a GI hemorrhage which was also treated with pantoprazole. I am also a practical Nurse with 20yrs experience. One thing I would like to address is the comments regarding the generic versions of the medication. A generic MUST have exactly the same medicinal ingredient as...

Was on this medication for (40mg 2X a day) month everything was fine and what a relief then broke out in rash on fore arms and chest, I felt terrible stopped taking it cold turkey and am trying to solve with gaviscon. Not working I don't know where else to go all this medication makes me feel ill.

Sick_as_a_dog | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/11/2021
Condition: Medication Treatment for Healing Erosive Esophagitis

I was admitted to the hospital with and esophegeal ulcer due to GERD erosion. Upon release I was put on one Pantoprazole tablet per day and it work wonderfully. My acid remained under control, I could sleep through the night again. A true, miraculous, God send.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/28/2020
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I have been taking this medication for 10 years. It works for acid reflux. I have a serious bone loss problem now. This medicine stops calcium supplements from being absorbed where you need it. I have osteoporosis and have to take very expensive injections for slowing down my bone loss. Not happy about about that at all.

Michelle | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/29/2020
Condition: Heartburn

After taking this medication for almost 3 months my joints started to ache. My upper legs, lowers legs, ankles, wrists, inside my elbows and arms, terrible side effects. Fixed one problem caused another just like all prescribed medication. Against my better judgement I used this. Never again.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/20/2020
Condition: Condition in which Stomach Acid is Pushed Into the Esophagus

I have suffered from severe heartburn/reflux for decades. I have a hiatal hernia with barrett's esophagus. I was prescribed Pantoprazole and I have not had any heartburn from day 1 of taking this daily pill. It's been a miracle drug for me.

bob811 | 75 or over | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/15/2020
Condition: Excessive Production of Stomach Acid

Lifelong history of needing/using OTC pills & iquids to relieve my gastric distress & heartburn (NO esophogeal involvement). FINALLY diagnosed in my 70's as simply hyper-acid stomach. Doc prescribed generic Pantroprazole which I took daily for almost 4 years. Then I moved - my new Doc took me off Pantro because of its reported "long-term" effects. Within 3 ays I had to go back on once daily Pepcid-Complete and was told I was just suffering from 're-bound' effect which might last for a few weeks. After a YEAR of continued distress I pressed the doc to put me back on Pantro regardless of long term effects (full disclosure: I am 80 YOA). Doc relented and put me on 20 mg Pantro which, within 2 days, completely addressed my issues. I don't believe I am suffering from any of the listed side-effects reported by others, but the Doc has put me on daily OTC supplements (Vit B12 1000 mg & Magnesium 250 mg) and is following my lab reports during semi-annual check-ups. I regret the bad effects reported by others here but, after virtually a lifetime of suffering, this problem this drug has been wonderful for me. 2r7ttv