i have had a new kidney for 7 years, only a few health issues since, some from the meds but not serious.

LeeShannon | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/7/2016
Condition: Prevent Kidney Transplant Rejection

I have been on Sirolimus for less then two months. Broke out with lesions is what my Dr. is calling them, and bad night sweats. My Dr. says the drug is letting the harpies virus #6 come up which is usually suppressed by immune system. Most people have this virus and never know it, he days. I am looking for a new drug to replace this one. Have been on Prograf which caused toxicity in transplanted Kidney after 7 years. Was in bed for almost a year before they did a biopsy of transplant to figure out what was wrong. The Prograf was causing me to very tired all the time. Unable to work.Read More Read Less

knitz56 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/7/2009
Condition: Prevent Kidney Transplant Rejection

Mike | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/10/2007
Condition: Prevention of Cardiac Transplant Rejection

I've used the drug for 5 yrs after my heart transplant , and so far I've had no rejection problems