I had made the decision to start taking fluoxetine 20 mg because my mood was really getting in to poor shape, and I was letting the stress I was under bury me. I had no energy and was overeating, which made me gain weight, which in turn added to my poor mood, and low self confidence. I slept whenever I wasn't working, had a short fuse with my step daughter and fiance... Since the drug started taki...

I just started this drug an hour ago (20mg) and I noticed my jaws starting to hurt and a slight headache. I'm falling asleep reading the reviews. I was feeling fine just before taking the medication. I hope I sleep tonight. Is this just happening to me?

Babs8989 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/28/2022
Condition: Depression

These tablets changed my life. Before I was depressed, was in hospital, bad anxiety attacks, missing work, couldn’t laugh. tried sertraline no joy, citalopram, seroxat and nothing worked. These gave me a bad stomach for 3 days, after 1 month I noticed that my emotions were all still there, I’m exactly the same person but just…..have a buffer against panick and anxiety/low mood I used to experience, I no longer feel like I’m going to die every day, and when I get bad news it doesn’t floor me. Im no longer irritable and I’m a lot more patient than I was before - highly recommend :) Read More Read Less

Luawayne | Transgender | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/11/2021
Condition: Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome

I am just starting.. Although a little weary as I don't do anti deps. My main concern is weight gain.. Prescribed 29 mg one a day zydud flyoxetine? Feedback would be greatly appreciated

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/24/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

This is going to be a long post, but I really hope that anyone thinking about taking this medication who is scared to start will read it the whole way through. I am a therapist, and I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and some OCD tendencies, like listing, checking, and intense intrusive thoughts about harm, health, and safety. I have had anxiety since as early as I can remember but it wasn’t until my 20s that it really started to interfere with my life. Even as a therapist I had stigma about taking meds, and fears that it would dull my personality, or dull my creativity, or dull the positive emotions I feel. I was scared it would fundamentally change me and my sensitivities to life, which can be a source of pain but also a source of joy. I started on 10mg, and had a hard time for a month, I experienced insomnia, intense moments of anxiety, fogginess, fatigue, and mild dizziness. Then I had a few great weeks on 10mg. I decided to up the dose to 20mg, and I actually experienced a hard time for about 5 weeks while I adjusted. I kept wanting to throw in the towel and go back to 10mg but something kept me waiting to see if things would feel better. During the five weeks adjusting to 20mg I experienced fogginess, fatigue, dizziness, mild disorientation, and anxiety. I really just didn’t feel like myself and it was scary and really hard. After 5 weeks everything changed. I now feel like I have been given a huge gift, kind of like I have been given a version of my life I didn’t know I could have. I can lay on the couch and feel safe in my body and safe in my mind instead of worrying what catastrophe could be lurking around the corner. I can go to sleep at night excited to sleep instead of fearing it will be an insomnia night. I can turn off the stove and check that it is off once instead of keeping going back to check over and over while my body gets all tight with anxiety. I can hug my people and animals I love without immediately feeling a pang of anticipatory grief that one day I will lose them. I can lay on my deck and look at the sky and trees and feel the breeze on my face and feel grateful for my life, instead of immediately looking for a problem or thinking about a worst case scenario situation that could rob me of my happiness and contentment. I am someone who is deeply committed to doing my own inner work and I have worked for years and years on my head. I have journaled, I have become a therapist, I have been in therapy for years, I have learned to meditate, I have done anxiety workbooks, read self help books, learned about the mind body connection, learned how to really take care of myself from resting, to exercising, to learning yoga etc, taken courses on anxiety, and the list could go on and on. I didn’t want that to stop on Prozac, and that was one my fears about taking this medication. I did not want to completely lose the highs and lows of life, I wanted to keep doing my inner work, but I also did not want to have to work so hard just to function sometimes. I can say now that Prozac does not diminish my inner work at all, instead it facilitates it. I still see my habitual response to a peaceful moment is to look for a problem, but now I have some distance on that pattern and I can see it without immediately getting lost in fear thoughts. The distance allows me to work with fear thoughts rather than just getting hooked. This medication allows me to notice when I am happy and safe, and trust those moments and enjoy them, without fear crashing in and ruining it. I have spent so much of my life thinking about darkness, pain, and fear. This medication has allowed me to notice peace, happiness, and contentment, and connect to the love in my life without the fear of loss ruining a moment. I still feel all the subtle changes in moods and emotions that I always did, but when it is around something irrational I can see what is happening in my mind and work with it, rather than getting swallRead More Read Less

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/13/2021
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

i started this medication over a year ago (coming up two years) i recently had come off a drug that had not worked for me so i was referred to a psychiatrist after my gps recommendations were not working for me. I was being treated for PTSD, bulimia nervosa, anxiety and major depressive disorder. However as this SSRI took 3 weeks to a month to start fully working, it worked. I am much happier and it has stopped my negative thoughts. Although this drug has given me side effects such as weight loss, feeling numb, and very decreased sex drive. I am coming off SSRIs soon, but i will definitely say it saved my life.Read More Read Less

Jane Berg | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/16/2021
Condition: Depression

This medication was a godsend for me. The only real side effects for me was that it somewhat blunted my emotions and it really lowered my sex drive, but other than that, it was great --no weight gain, no nausea, no dizziness, no anxiety, etc. Then after 3.5 years, it suddenly stopped working for me. Pretty upsetting for me.

3050 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
6/17/2021
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

So when we were put into lockdown round 2 in England I was working on my own in the office, overtime, through breaks, hour train and back it was highly stressful especially at 20 and other factors in my personal life led to a massive mental breakdown. I had depression, ocd and anxiety in the past quite badly as a teen so I thought if I could get myself out of that I could get myself out of anything my brain challenged me to. Not the case. This time it hit me like a tonne of bricks. Overnight I went from a normal happy, all though stressed individual to an absolute wreck. I eat less then 100 calories a day on the days I could get something down. Physically shaking from the second I woke up to the second I went to sleep I was written out of work by my dr. On the days I didn’t have nightmares I’d wake up in the early morning heart racing body shaking and no matter what I tried it did not stop. Meditation, herbal remedies, teas, video therapy…nothing. I was adamant I didn’t want to take any medication as all the times in the past I had got through it on my own and so I didn’t want to give in but after only a month of the same intrusive thoughts, racing heart, nausea that couldn’t be stopped I reluctantly gave in. Best decision I ever made I truly believe I would still be ill if I hadn’t taken anything. I remember going through this and other review websites for hours on end reading good reviews wishing this was all I needed. After 2 weeks I had seen a tiny amount of improvement however I had been told by family members who take this medication they felt much better after 2 weeks so I was at a point wondering if it would work. It does. after 2 weeks my heart wasn’t pounding out of my chest. After 4 the intrusive thoughts started to quieten and now I don’t hear them at all. I know you’re thinking 4 weeks! I can’t live like this for that long but you can and you will nothing lasts forever and this too shall pass!Read More Read Less

VA Baddie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/5/2021
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I began on fluoxetine again about a year ago (20mg) and that dosage was fabulous until about 4 weeks ago. I began to have some more intense depressive symptoms and asked my psychiatrist if it would be ok at up my dosage to get me over the hump. She approved 40mg; I chose to begin at 30mg. Didn't help much for the 2 weeks I used it. I just upped my dose to 40mg and am going to ride this out for a month or so to give it time to fully get into my system. I have a feeling that this might be my necessary dose for a while. I've gained about 15lbs from my lowest weight during COVID; still down about 40lbs total from my highest weight so that has been a good thing. Will update in a few more weeks. Praying for really good results!Read More Read Less

4/14/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

Prozac (fluoxetine) is a wonder drug for me! It massively helped in treating my anxiety & panic attacks. I started taking 10 mg and was titrated up to 40 mg without any negative side effects. For the first time in my life, things feel more manageable, and I'm enjoying everyday activities. Hopefully, this review helps someone else out there.

4/12/2021

4/9/2021
Condition: Repeated Episodes of Anxiety

Prozac (fluoxetine) is a wonder drug for me! It massively helped in treating my anxiety & panic attacks. I started taking 10 mg and was titrated up to 40 mg without any negative side effects. For the first time in my life, things feels more manageable, and I'm enjoying everyday activities. Hopefully, this review helps someone else out there.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/12/2021
Condition: Bipolar Depression

This drug is HORRIBLE! It messes with your brain to the point where you can go crazy! I received a time release medication, a week time release and all I wanted was to get it OUT of my system, and had 6 days to go! DONâ??T TAKE THIS DRUG!!

dagney | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/3/2020
Condition: Depression

Took 3 weeks to become fully effective. Mood was much improved, thinking was clear and unexpected benefit weight loss.

Dolly daydream | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/11/2020
Condition: Depression

I've been on this medication for nearly a year now I have had a very good experience on it so far at first I got put on 20mg them when May 2020 came I felt like that dosage was not working for me so I called my DR and he increased my dosage to 2 tablets 40mg a day which was a lot better I felt more myself and energetic and more in the mood to do things I take this medication because every month I get my PMS symptoms I become very depressed and suicidal and never wanna leave my house because I would become very anxious and afraid to leave, the following side effects ive experienced on 40mg Prozac are I feel tired sometimes and would have nightmares and strange dreams thats the only downfall overall apart from the dreams feeling realistic and having nightmares I would reccomend to anyone it has helped me feel more calmer and has improved my confidence and my social anxiety is more better im more confident in talking in group settings.Read More Read Less

CLT in VT | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/11/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I started taking this in 20mg dose, once daily. It sort of worked. I am a 6’6” 290lb male. My doctor, after 6 weeks checkup, upped my dose to 40mg. It works so much better. I can not believe the difference in my life sober!

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/10/2019
Condition: Depression

I can feel the medicine starting working hard in my brain from first day. I got the feeling of drinking too much coffee right away. The coffee feeling went on and off, I also yawned too much after two weeks(40-50 times per day for 3-4 days). All of these went away after a month. I felt so good after, it seems I am a new person, not as tired as before not easy to get depressed or mad as before. This medicine works perfectly for me.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/7/2019
Condition: Anxiousness associated with Depression

Made me more anxious, made my depression much worse, and it’s side effects make it not worth taking.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/4/2019
ocd/manic depression/ptsd | 13-18 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/16/2019
Condition: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

I've had OCD manic depression and PTSD for about 8 years and it was never treated, this medication has completely stopped my very frequent and violent intrusive thoughts as well as lessened the number of panic attacks I have, unfortunately, it has not alleviated any of my other symptoms.

T-train | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/31/2018
Condition: Panic Disorder

Was diagnosed with panic disorder and major depressive disorder. After taking the first dose of 20mg, my symptoms were seemingly eradicated and every day is getting better and better. Have not experienced hardly any side effects.

Anonymous | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/29/2018
Condition: Depression

Feel better than I have in a long time