sinemet was wearing off too soon. sometimes it didn't work at all. Comtan worked wonders. I could walk. Up until until takng Comtan, I was constipated. Ever Since I started Comtan, I've had diarreah

this drug does releaves some of the shakings

shefeline | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/17/2018
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

Im not on it yet. Doctor is talking about adding it iin

kathy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/14/2015
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

Within 4 hours, began to feel nauseated and soon started dry heaving. Room began spinning...became very dizzy. Arms and legs became limp. Ended up in ER to stop symptoms. After 10 days felt better, but extreme symptoms returned with another trip to ER. Suspected vertigo.....brought on by Comtan?? I will never take another comtan!

crs1970 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/5/2013
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

I've been taking this medication for 9 years and it has helped control my Parkinson's. I'm in the process of increasing the Comtan now.

marigold | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/1/2012
Condition: Parkinson's Disease

Started taking 200mg, 3x per day, with l-dopa.Worked very well to control tremor and improve general mood and co-ordination but then, after 3 months use, diarrhoea started and has continued for a month with no sign of abating. Can this be "fixed"?. I would like to continue with the Comtan BUT this intestinal side effect is a difficult one to live with!

DieOma | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient