I've been taking this med for about 3 months now. I have experienced joint pain and hot flashes as expected. However, the pain and flashes are relatively minor as compared to what I have already faced with chemo, radiation and 3 surgeries. I've read many reviews on similar meds and many women are suffering. I think the most important factors I've kept in mind are: this is temporary and I'm st...

new medication, haven't started taking it,want to know about it first.

AC | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/29/2021
Condition: Hormone Receptor Positive Postmenopausal Early Breast Cancer After Adjuvant Tamoxifen

have been on it for a month or so. I get hot flashes at night, joint & muscle pain, severe weight gain, and fatigue.

Annadj | 75 or over | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
12/12/2019

I am 77 and have been on Exemestane for two years now. I tried other hormone inhibitors and they have all had the same side effects for me, the worst being joint pain. Even worse is now I have osteoporosis. My bones were fine before. It appears there is something wrong with a heart valve and I am having a nuclear stress test in a month.

Marie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/3/2019

This is the second estrogen blocker I have been on. I have been taking it for a year now and definitely have joint pain, tiredness, but bearable. Much better moods than the Letrozol I was on previously.

Darlene | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/12/2019

Iâ??ve been on this drug 2 years. Iâ??m now starting to have muscle pain thatâ??s on a scale of 7 in thighs, lower back. My bones ache now. My joints feel they could misalign while walking. My fingers get stiff, but the have done this for a year now. My other concern is how it will effect my organs, kidney, liver, lungs. Iâ??m going to call my dr. In morning. I wish there was another way. I feel Iâ??m slowly killing myself.

exemestane | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
2/15/2019
Condition: Prevention of Breast Cancer

hair loss and fatique and very expensive