I am 30 years old and I was prescribed Tamiflu after being diagnosed with the flu. I felt better within a few hours of taking it. I was amazed. I was really sick and was worried that I may have to be hospitalized. I had been running a high fever and could hardly breathe. The only downside were the side effects. They were pretty bad. It left a terrible taste in my mouth and made everything I ate a...

My daughter was given tamiflu for early treatment of the flu. She took 3 doses and had to hospitalized due to her liver function test being almost triple the normal and she had a very depressed white blood cell count. the leaflet they give in the package does not say anything about these side affects but the Roche laboratories website for tamiflu has them listed adviseing that they did not find th...

Tamiflu is gross | 7-12 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/17/2020
Condition: The Flu

Every time I get the Flu, my mouth tastes like Tamiflu.Not once have I gotten the Flu and right after taking the medicine, I throw up.

kay kay | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month |
3/19/2020
Condition: The Flu

HAPPY - it worked for me! I doubted that I had flu, but had a headache that reminded me of an ear infection headache (result of previous swine flu in 2009). Didn't make the connection to the flu. Thought my runny nose and upper back pain was from sweeping the garage the day before. Had no ear infection with this one. Didn't think I had the flu. On way home, I recalled the story of the 40yr old teacher that died because she didn't fill it. I spent the $109 and it made a huge difference after 1 pill. I had the headache, although a lessor version, for about 5 days. But, I felt better with each pill. It stopped the replicating of the virus. I learned later that it doesn't work for all flu. I did get a rash and itching over my back from Tamiflu, despite being on an antihistamine. Dr. later told me that I should still take it, if needed again. People should read up about the drugs available like this one. Also have read that NOT to take any version of ibuprofen or aspirin, as it may prevent Tamiflu from working, or make flu worse.

AB | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/11/2020
Condition: The Flu

Was diagnosed with flu 2 days after having symptoms and was prescribed Tamiflu by the urgent care dr. I took the evening dose and went to sleep and woke up feeling significantly better. i didn't have any issues until the 4th day when I started getting migraines (which I never had before) and felt nauseous throughout the day. It's been a full day since i completed the 5 days treatment and I'm still experiencing the headaches and nausea off and on. I like the fact that it knocked out the flu symptoms overnight (literally) but I don't know if these side effects are worth it.

Anonymous | 7-12 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/7/2020
Condition: The Flu

My 9 year old daughter came down with flu on Tuesday afternoon, fever spiked to 104.4 on Motrin by Wednesday at 1pm. Had a positive flu test and tamiflu by 2pm. By 7pm, the redness was already starting to drain from her face, and she woke up the next morning with no fever. Can’t say enough about how much of a relief it was.

Jenny | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/29/2020
Condition: The Flu

I am 15 weeks pregnant and came down with the flu. Rapid swab test came back negative by the doctor said sheâ??s certain itâ??s the flu as I was displaying every symptom and felt like I was dying. I was very hesitant when she prescribed Tamiflu as I am very wary of taking any type of drug while pregnant. She assured me the benefit would outweigh the risk, and I definitely did not want to have to go to the hospital or harm the baby with fever. I took the first dose and went to sleep for a few hours. Within that time, my fever was gone and I felt like I could actually stand up. The next day I felt so much better, I went from thinking I was dying to feeling mildly ill. Iâ??m on day three and still no side effects. I make sure to eat before I take it.