I have suffered with RA for 27 years. I am currently 51. I have never had a day off from pain or experienced remission. The day Enbrel was FDA approved, I started the shots. Since then, I have tried (and failed) every single biologic from Remicaide to Xeljanz. I have had both wrists fused, one hand completely reconstructed, corneal melts, pleural effusion in both lungs, heart surgery to remove 2 l...

I just started taking this medication last week. I have been receiving infusions(Actemera) for over 2 years now. I was doing ok on the infusions but my Dr. felt I have plateaued on the infusion treatment and wanted me to improve more. I am hoping this will improve my present condition to a higher level of functioning. Time will tell

RB | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/24/2022
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I was taking methotrexate($67 a month) for 14 years. I still had a little pain and inflammation in my joints. My rheumatologist prescribed Rinvoq ($6,300 a month). I took it for 3 months. The first 3 weeks, it worked because I still had methotrexate in my body but after that my pain came back a lot stronger! Finally I went back to methotrexate but for some reason methotrexate did not work as good anymore as it worked before I started taking Rinvoq. I am totally disabled to the point that I can’t even do simple things I used to do before I took Rinvoq. I think Rinvoq changed something in my body that is not repairable. This is a very bad drug. Read More Read Less

Finnish Lady | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/30/2022
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

A miracle drug for me, a 54 year old woman. Absolutely no side effects, just a general feeling of wellness. I had years of struggle: morning stiffness, tears, swollen joints, punctures and intra-articular cortisone shots with thick needles every three or four months. Sometimes I had difficulties just chewing food, opening car doors, walking or getting up from seats, the floor or the bath tub. My smaller joints are pointing to various directions but that doesn't bother me at all. I can still pick things with my crooked fingers, work and enjoy life without corrective surgeries. I've tried all kinds of diets, drugs and remedies like sulfasalazine, general painkillers, herbal extracts, Arava, Methotrexate and Xeljanz for 20+ years for my sero- and citruline positive, erosive RA without significant results. The Finnish Social Insurance Institution covers most of the expenses for approved RA meds; currently I pay around 635 $/year (the maximum annual "own risk" sum in Finland) for Rinvoq. The only cons I've noticed are 20 lb weight gain (may also be because of sitting by the computer 24/7 due to Covid and Ukraine) and increased total cholesterol levels (rising slowly, now reaching 263 mg/dl). I don't need extra meds as the triglyceride level is within normal range, the HDL/LDL ratio is ok, I exercise daily and eat proper food, I don't have any symptoms, other illnesses, high BMI or a family history of cardiovascular events. Rinvoq has made my life much easier. I usually take Sunday off (without telling my doctor) just to give my body some rest. I addition, I take a vegan Omega fatty acid capsule plus multivitamin and magnesium pills from Monday to Saturday. All the best from a happy camper.Read More Read Less

Barbara | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/1/2022
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I started on Rinvoq late July 2019 and noticed fatigue greatly improved in just a few weeks! By three months my inflammation factor was within normal ranges. I stopped for five weeks after total knee replacement surgery August 2020, and Covid January 2021, Covid January 2022. My one issue is the scalp acne that runs a 4-5 week schedule. It is cycling constantly! My rheumatologist monitors my lab factors which include blood counts.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/18/2022
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Caused me to have severe neutropenia

Mm | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/8/2022
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

It's only early days, 5 weeks but it has not been good. Extreme tiredness to the point of falling asleep during the day - tried taking the dose in the evening but it has made little difference. Huge increase in muscle pain and fatigue. Increased swelling in feet and ankles. Acne on scalp and face. Headaches. Joint pain where I don't usually have much problems. Overall I am considerably worse.

Reds | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/28/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I started Rinvoq four months ago and a few days after starting this drug I could feel the difference in my joints!! For the last tw to three years I had a terrible flare up to the point where I needed assistance getting dress , bathing , hair .. I was on prednisone for years and gained so may weight and I had to keep getting the prednisone dosage higher due to the pain I was in. One day I saw the commercial on TV about Rinvoq and I researched this medicine and asked my RA physician about it . It was the best choice I made , my lab work has been good numbers fell unbelievable!! My personal opinion about this medicine and all medicine have some kind of side affects and personally I think it depends on a person overall health conditions and other meds that are being taken along with this medicine. Thank God that I don’t have any other health issues and I work really hard at keeping my immune system strong. I was a home health aide for hospice for 32 years and I had to retire due to the joint pain and stiffness in my body. Rinvoq does work but like any medicine you have to give a chance. Good luck to everyone!!Read More Read Less

Kaitlyn | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/2/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis two years ago. Methotrexate and Sulfasalazine nearly killed me with side effects and little improvement in pain. Was put on Rinvoq six weeks ago. Life changing. Pain reduced by 90 %. A little intestinal distress that has levelled off now, no other side effects noticed.

Anonymous | Patient
8/9/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I got very ill. Twice. I tried again because my ra felt better. But I had severe chest and stomach pains. Scared the crap out of me 2nd time. Throwing up water. Never again. I really was hoping it would work well. But I have gotten sick from most biologics I've taken in last 4 or 5 years sadly.

Livelovelaugh | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/3/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Pretty much pain free. Feel tired a lot so I take naps. Also feel weakness but I probably have to exercise more. Recently noticed unusual bruising from nowhere. Other than that, so thankful for this medication.

Gracie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/31/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I don’t know why, but I selected five stars across the board in my previous post but it was changed to four stars when it was approved and posted, so I am re-posting this one with the max stars.

Gracie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
7/30/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I am 65.5 and was diagnosed with RA about 5-6 years ago. I ran the gamut of all the usual drugs. Tried about every DMARD with every crappy side effect. Tried Humira as my first biologic and it worked great until about 12 months in when it triggered horrid pustular psoriasis on my feet and hands. Went off Humira. Began on Rinvoq about a year ago. I am living a near-normal existence for the first time in several years. It’s crazy how a certain drug will work well for one person but not another. ??Read More Read Less

Michelle | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/8/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I am 54 years old and had JRA when I was 13. I have tried almost every drug available. I have rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. I have been on Rinvoq for almost 5 months. About a month ago, my psoriasis got much worse. I have so many spots I look like I have chicken pocks. Last week my feet and lower legs became red as if I had a bad sunburn. I contacted my doctor and he said to stop taking it immediately. It is as if I got a chemical burn from it. My feet are still sore to the touch and starting to peel. I will never use this medication again. I am afraid other things will show up that were damaged by this medication. I am happy it works for some, but it definitely didn't work well enough to endure all this.Read More Read Less

LiDai | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/4/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I just made a rave review on Rinvoq and forgot to add aside from morning range LOL, Rinvoq is my #1.

LisDai | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/4/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Initially I had issues with this medication. Explosive diarrhea, no kidding. It seemed the medication was too strong for my system. After a week of the above I went off it for a day. Then, taking it every other day became tolerable. That being said Rinvoq is the best RA drug I've been on AND the only one which has a marked difference in my life. Finally getting back on track and what a ride it's been!

jaywhy | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/1/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Benefits: pain is under control and I've been able to cut back on prednisone. Concerns: bruising on my upper arms appeared, with no cause. Sleep walking is a development since taking Rinvoq. Summary: Three weeks into treatment, the removal of pain is outweighing the concerns so far.

JP | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/30/2021
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Rinvoq maybe good if we take the medication with some painkiller and sit at home do nothing. For a normal life it doesn't help.

tina | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/22/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Started on Aug. 14, 2020 by Aug. 24, 2020 started feeling pain in my abdomen , low back pain , great fatigue didn't want to get out of the bed. swelling both legs, ankles, feet and hands.The thing that had seemed to be a God send was now turning on me. I think because I have Fibromyalgia it makes me very sensitive to medicines because one of the issues one can have is IB Syndrome which I do have.

secret | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/31/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I am 20 years old and have started to take Rinvoq about a month ago. Ive have rheumatoid juvenile arthritis for 18 years now (since the age of 2) and have been taking methotrexate injections since. It was only recently that I was switched over to the pills. I have also been on Enbrel for 10 years. When I started to take Rinvoq, my doctor told me stop taking Enbrel and see how it goes. Currently, I am taking 20mg methotrexate every each with one pill of Rinvoq (15mg) everyday. So far, I have noticed that my pain and inflammation went down by a lot; However, my skin has been crazy. I always had cystic acne and have been on birth control for it, but with Rinvoq, I have never seen my skin so bad. Every single morning I wake up to see a new pimple on my face. It has gotten so bad I needed to see a dermatologist where he prescribed me Accutane (he gave me a low dose since there may be interaction with metx). I don't know if I will continue with this medication, but it has definitely ruined my skin.Read More Read Less

Dimples | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/22/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Been taking RINVOQ 2 months. Have noticed an improvement in my pain levels. Since starting this drug, my face and hair line have been breaking out in pimples that break and scab over. (Iâ??m 64 years old)

Texas gal | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/21/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I have both rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis. Also, I have been on methotrexate, enbrel, humaira, otezla, and now rinvoq. I started this medication about 4 months ago, and have had horrible headaches. I will say that in the beginning I noticed a tremendous amount of relief in my joints( mainly my back) however, the headaches and acne have been horrible. I have also developed some sort of bloating/swelling in my stomach that hurts from time to time, and feels as if I am â??fullâ? 24/7. I am having to see a Gastroenterologist now for potential tearing in my stomach due to this drug. If you have any kind of GI history or a history of migraines, definitely talk with your doctor. I hate that I am having to change drugs because of how much it helped the pain in my joints in the beginning. Read More Read Less