I have suffered with RA for 27 years. I am currently 51. I have never had a day off from pain or experienced remission. The day Enbrel was FDA approved, I started the shots. Since then, I have tried (and failed) every single biologic from Remicaide to Xeljanz. I have had both wrists fused, one hand completely reconstructed, corneal melts, pleural effusion in both lungs, heart surgery to remove 2 l...

I just started taking this medication last week. I have been receiving infusions(Actemera) for over 2 years now. I was doing ok on the infusions but my Dr. felt I have plateaued on the infusion treatment and wanted me to improve more. I am hoping this will improve my present condition to a higher level of functioning. Time will tell

tina | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/22/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Started on Aug. 14, 2020 by Aug. 24, 2020 started feeling pain in my abdomen , low back pain , great fatigue didn't want to get out of the bed. swelling both legs, ankles, feet and hands.The thing that had seemed to be a God send was now turning on me. I think because I have Fibromyalgia it makes me very sensitive to medicines because one of the issues one can have is IB Syndrome which I do have.

secret | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/31/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I am 20 years old and have started to take Rinvoq about a month ago. Ive have rheumatoid juvenile arthritis for 18 years now (since the age of 2) and have been taking methotrexate injections since. It was only recently that I was switched over to the pills. I have also been on Enbrel for 10 years. When I started to take Rinvoq, my doctor told me stop taking Enbrel and see how it goes. Currently, I am taking 20mg methotrexate every each with one pill of Rinvoq (15mg) everyday. So far, I have noticed that my pain and inflammation went down by a lot; However, my skin has been crazy. I always had cystic acne and have been on birth control for it, but with Rinvoq, I have never seen my skin so bad. Every single morning I wake up to see a new pimple on my face. It has gotten so bad I needed to see a dermatologist where he prescribed me Accutane (he gave me a low dose since there may be interaction with metx). I don't know if I will continue with this medication, but it has definitely ruined my skin.

Dimples | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/22/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

Been taking RINVOQ 2 months. Have noticed an improvement in my pain levels. Since starting this drug, my face and hair line have been breaking out in pimples that break and scab over. (Iâ??m 64 years old)

Texas gal | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/21/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I have both rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis. Also, I have been on methotrexate, enbrel, humaira, otezla, and now rinvoq. I started this medication about 4 months ago, and have had horrible headaches. I will say that in the beginning I noticed a tremendous amount of relief in my joints( mainly my back) however, the headaches and acne have been horrible. I have also developed some sort of bloating/swelling in my stomach that hurts from time to time, and feels as if I am â??fullâ? 24/7. I am having to see a Gastroenterologist now for potential tearing in my stomach due to this drug. If you have any kind of GI history or a history of migraines, definitely talk with your doctor. I hate that I am having to change drugs because of how much it helped the pain in my joints in the beginning.

Nicholas | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/15/2020
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis

I am 45, got diagnosed with RA at 36. I have taken RINVOQ since January. It has been a breath of fresh air! I feel wonderful! I feel better than I have felt since before my diagnosis. I only feel a little achy on rainy days. Otherwise, I feel great!