I'm taking prednisone for probably the 4th time in my life. I've been prescribed it when my asthma gets really severe. I've never taken it for more than 2 weeks at a time. I've always been very happy with the results. One of the side effects that I like is that my 60-year-old body has fewer aches and pains while I'm taking it. I'm on my second day of a 5-day treatment and already my breathing is i...

I loved my life before taking prednisone; now I hate it. I hate every day of my life because of this drug. I had perfect skin before taking prednisone; prednisone changed that; it gave me cystic acne. I asked my doctors what to do. They said it would go away on its own and not do anything. It didn't. Instead, it left scars and ruined my skin. I never had a problem with depression before taking pre...

RJ | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/12/2021
Condition: Joint Disease which may include Attacks of Acute Arthritis

The only treatment for gouty arthritis that works

Migraine Sufferer | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/23/2014
Condition: Cluster Headache Prevention

My dr. prescribed 20 mg prednisone twice a day for 5 days after a 25 day 24/7 migraine of various pain levels. I had a toradol injection in her office for the migraine and then started prednisone 36 hours later. the only side effect was some slight dizziness but it didn't affect my daily life like the migraine did. I didn't experience any other side effects. Prednisone alleviated other pains I was having due to fibromyalgia. My body felt pain free. I took my last dose 72 hours ago and still feel pain free. It helped break the pain cycle of my migraines. I would definitely take this medication again and I am not one to take a lot of prescription meds. the only other prescription I take is for a very common thyroid imbalance. I feel bad so many people had such horrible severe experiences with this drug. Maybe my dose was too low to cause any long lasting effects.

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/26/2013
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis
sick and tired | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/16/2013
Condition: Inflammation & Obstruction of Smallest Breathing Passages

i have copd,it helps me to breath,but i am alwawys so bad feelng now and my stomach is alwawy pressuring me. im so sick nowi barely care abut it. i tink this medicine is doing it. but i cant breath witout it.

karenj | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/23/2013
Condition: Inflammation & Obstruction of Smallest Breathing Passages

skin rash with severe itching