I've been taking depakote for 9 months and it has some what helped my mood swings, but it has really improved my concentration and anxiety problems. Depakote combined with adequate nutrition and exercise is the ultimate treatment for my bipolar dis order.People need to realize that medication alone will not provide them the best results. The worst thing about the depakote for me, is occasionally I...

I hate this horrid medication.

Anonymous |

Condition: Bipolar I Disorder with Most Recent Episode Mixed
Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
11/28/2020
Condition: Bipolar Depression

One of the longest working medications for me. Slight hair loss. 750mg per day with 40mg paroxetine.

Schizoaffective life 23 | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/26/2020
Condition: Rapid Cycle Manic-Depression

This medicine was given to me to help my rapid cycling bipolar episodes. When it was first given to me I was given a micro dose and felt no effect. Got off it but ended up in the hospital where it was prescribed at a much higher dose in addition to an anti psychotic. Despite high expectations for this being able to help with rapid cycling I have seen myself flip from that depression back to mania in a month. Will be discussing the with my doctor but think this is an important story to tell and keep in mind.