I am 51 and have migraines my whole life, have tried every preventative, abortive etc.. finally got ahold of Nurtec..yesterday I was home with a severe migraine worse than my daily level after struggling a bit to get it out of the box (must read it before a blinding headache)took it at 6pm by 7 pain was fully gone- it is now 9 am the next day and still pain free..no side effects, no drowsiness !!!...

I've had post-viral syndrome for 9 months and migraines came with it. I am having 4 sinus migraines a day and Topomax and Fioricet just made it worse. Baclofen was a horror as I could not function at all, and I'm already on Effexor, which doesn't help, either. I was hoping with Nurcet being a new drug, that it would be some type of breakthrough. Judging from the other reviews it apparently helps...

Courtney | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/26/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I have tried what feels like every medication to help my migraines. I felt a hemiplegic migraine coming on with other symptoms. Took it for first time, but I feel 10 times worse. Mostly due to the side effects. Diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain, horrible indigestion, head pain/ brain zaps, dizzy, achey. I couldn't sleep one bit, and I am scared to try it again. I'm scared to try any migraine prescriptions again. I am one who seems to always get the unbearable side effects.

Pychero | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/22/2022
Condition: Migraine Headache

I've suffered from Hemiplegic Migraines since I was 12 (40 now). For those who don't know what that is, take your normal migraine (light/sound/temperature sensitivity, excruciating pain that makes you curl up and cry for hours) and add in stroke symptoms (blind spot, slurred speech, numbness on one side of the body, loss of fine motor control, inability to coherently communicate via speech, text or handwriting). For decades, preventatives caused additional episodes, rescue meds made them worse and I was left with no relief. Just recently I discovered that I got really lucky because all of the normal medications, especially triptans, could have caused an actual stroke with my migraines due to them being vascular constrictors. I tried Ubrelvy, which did absolutely nothing helpful so now my doctor has me trying Nurtec. With any luck, I will finally find relief.Read More Read Less

Anna | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/13/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I hesitated in trying this medication because it does contain Sucralose which is a migraine trigger for me (I contacted the manufacturer and asked them to please make a formulation without it) but decided to go ahead and try Nurtec since Emgality quit working for me. Fortunately the pills are small and the amount of Sucralose is tiny enough not to trigger me (and I am super sensitive so anyone out there who is too, maybe you can tolerate it, worth a try). Still I hope they reformulate. The taste was a mild mint and wasn't unpleasant. I want to start out by pointing out that this medication is extremely expensive and if not for the manufacturer's program there is no way I could afford the copay. https://www.nurtec.com/savings We suffer so much and deserve treatment so don't give up and find a doctor who will fight for you. I had given up on Nurtec over a year ago because my insurance wouldn't cover it at all, so they put me on Emgality but then this year they reconsidered (guess they figure it's cheaper than hospitalizations and ER visits when my rescue meds fail). I've also heard some can have their doctor challenge medicaid and get it covered, not sure about the process there. I was on Emgality which worked awesome for about a year and a half but then gradually quit working as my immune system zapped the antibodies. I was devastated but then my doctor helped me get approved for Nurtec. I'm taking it every other day as both a preventative and treatment. So far no side effects and it is working amazing, takes away the nausea, pain and most importantly for me it takes away any brain fog so I can actually focus on work.Read More Read Less

Meri | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/11/2022
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have migraines daily and this works. But my copay is so expensive, I can’t afford it.

Angie T | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/27/2022
Condition: Migraine Headache

I’m a 44 y/o female who has had terrible migraines since..I can remember. When I was a kid I’d lay on the couch in so much pain and all my dad could do was lightly touch my face to help get my mind off of it. That healing caring touch lead me to become a massage therapist later in life, and 20 years later I’m still helping others. Anyway, throughout my whole entire life I was living in fear of getting these headaches and the excruciating pain it caused, sometimes for days on end! No matter what position I’d try, or anything else, the immense pain was mind numbing and torturous, and it just wouldn’t budge. It brought me to tears many times. No one understood my pain but me. It was night and day..one day fine, the next..a zombie! I had tried pretty much everything out there and nothing helped much, UNTIL I found Nurtec. I was skeptical of course, but after trying a pill during one of my episodes, about 90 minutes later it lifted almost completely. I couldn’t believe it. It almost scared me because I thought.. jeez, I better not do anything to take this relief away, so I just lay there in my bed so very thankful for relief. It’s definitely like striking gold when you find something that FINALLY helps after all those crushing years and trauma. I even cried a little because it was just unbelievable to me. Every year for all my years I had little to no relief for tension headaches, exercise induced pounding headaches, hormonal headaches…just wow. It is such a gift. I know it won’t work for everyone and sometimes it takes the edge off at least 60% for me, but that’s an amazing amount of relief from what I had been used to. Head crushing headaches ruin good parts of your life. Vacations. Plans with friends and family. Beautiful days while you’re stuck inside. So many wasted days. I sometimes feel a little tired after taking a pill but not always, and I can go about my life almost normally after taking one. I can’t tell you how many times I used to go to school or work pale as a ghost with one of my headaches, having to explain to people what I’m going through. Those were some of the most challenging days of my life. This really helps me have confidence and lifts the burden of having to cancel plans or plan certain events around times when I “might” get one. So yeah, I’m forever thankful to have finally found something that works for me and I pray it continues to work for me. My headaches are usually once a week or a few times a month, sometimes multiple days. I’ve been taking Nurtec for 6 months. I pray every person with headaches out there finds something that helps bring them relief. Nurtec is worth a try. Thankful girl here I’ll always have one with me!Read More Read Less

Cory | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/25/2022
Condition: Migraine Headache

I got a few samples to try from my doctor. I normally take imitrex but it gives me random unpleasant side effects, so I'm window shopping/ free sampling right now. Nurtec worked within an hour of taking it and I had absolutely no side effects at all! I may have found my golden ticket ( fingers crossed)

Kathy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/6/2022
Condition: Migraine Headache

Couldn’t take it as it contains Sucralose which is a known trigger for me (and many others). What bonehead idea to add a migraine trigger to a migraine relief drug? Please provide a non-ODT option.

Exploding Brain | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/17/2022
Condition: Migraine Headache

I've suffered migraines since I was 13. Over many birthdays, they have become more severe and longer in duration. Oral Imitrex doesn't touch them and the Imitrex injections often don't fire. Enter Nurtec. It's a wonder drug!! I've been in migraine h*** for weeks. My internist prescribed Nurtec over 2 weeks ago. But because of my copay ($218 for 8 doses), I had to make sure it was my best last resort. I am feeling worlds better. And I suppose it's nice that they provide discount coupons for patients who have insurance...just not mine or a number of others.Read More Read Less

Tracy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/19/2022
Condition: Migraine Headache

Ubrelvy worked better for me. It gave 100% pain relief but can only be used as an abortive and I only received 10 tabs per month which was not enough. So, my doc switched me to Nurtec preventative which is the every other day dosing. It works better than anything I have used as a preventative. I get about 75% pain relief which is a miracle. I pray it continues to work for me. Also, as an extra bonus I have zero copay after my insurance pays and then use the Nurtec coupon that is available on the web. Read More Read Less

Jim | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/28/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I’ve been using Nurtec for almost 2 months after trying a range of other CGRPs, vasodilators and neurotransmitters for avoidance and abortive purposes. CGRPs seem to work well for me but I’m sensitive to the joint pain others report. I get way better results on CGRPs and zero benefits from triptans but have to see if the joint pain subsides.

Nancy | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/22/2022
Condition: Migraine Headache

After 2 hrs acute migraine same level of pain& side effects like fatigue,shakiness& brain fog.

JessC | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/15/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I use this as both a preventative and an abortive, taking it every other day. My migraines have essentially disappeared. When I do get them, they're less painful and interfere less with my day to day life. It has been a lifesaver!

Celia Timms | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/10/2022
Condition: Migraine Headache

I am 56 and have classic migraines since I was 32. I used to get about 15 a month and they go on for days. Now I take Nurtec I have just 2-3 at the most migraines a week. And the severity of them is less. As soon as I take a Nurtec pill within an hour it has completely and one hundred percent gone. The best thing is NO side effects and it does not come the next day. It literally is a miracle drug and I am for the first time get in with no life in a much more productive and positive way. It has changed my life. Now if I can keep getting insurance to pay for it. We really need it in generic. The best ever!!Read More Read Less

123456 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
4/9/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

I was prescribed this medication to take every other day. It does make migraines better but I find it takes several hours to gain relief. It does cause severe stomach upset for me and it causes drowsiness for me as well.

Pat H | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/2/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

After my migraines became unbearable I went to a pain doctor who gave me some samples of Nurtec. I then went to a Neurologist who recommended that it was the correct medication for me to continue taking. I took it every other day, had no side effects, and my migraines went away. This lasted for many months until my prescription refills expired. Around a month later I started experiencing migraines again on a daily basis. I have gotten a prescription to start taking it again and am hoping that I will have the same fantastic results that I previously experienced. With the ease of opening the package (unlike Sumatriptan which is very difficult, especially when experiencing a migraine), and then just putting it under your tongue, I don’t know how it could be any easier to use. Has worked wonders for me and I am thankful that I am one of the lucky ones that it works for. Read More Read Less

Aisha Mosley | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/26/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Stated this medication with high hopes it would work for me. Took it on a Friday by the end of the day I had stomach pain and diarrhea. It gave me a headache this medication is not for me.

Jo | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/23/2022
Condition: Migraine Headache

After trying and failing with Emgality shots for 3 months, doc started Nurtec. It's been 2 weeks of taking it every other day. I am now on 6th straight day of migraine, which does not usually go more than 4 days in a row. Apparently, it does not work for me. I am giving up on the CGRP's. It seems like a scam to me.

Gail | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/10/2022
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Started taking this medication as a preventative so every other day. Started end of October 2021. After a week or so on the medicine i started having joint pain for no reason. Never associated it with Nurtec. By the end of January i was having extreme crippling joint pain that would last all day, go away for a day or two and then come back someplace else. I have had joint pain in the top of my feet, both my ankles, both knees both shoulders both sides of my neck, both wrists, and both index fingers and thumbs. The last straw was when i came out of my doctors appt one day and literally limped out. (I walked in fine). By the time i got to my car my right wrist had suddenly swelled up and i could barely touch it, it was that painful. I could barely steer my car home, had to use my left hand. I finally connected the dots and confirmed it when i went on another website and found other people were having sudden suspicious joint pain. I have now been off for a week and have a little pain here and there but nothing that is disabling like before. I’m hoping it will resolve 100 % in the near future. Will be talking to my neurologist about this. Overall the Nurtec helped my migraines and kept them away longer but the joint pain is not worth it. Read More Read Less

MZ | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/15/2022
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have had chronic migraine headaches with nausea for about 40 years. I have tried just about every treatment, but nothing worked until I started taking Nurtec about two months ago. I agree that it is miraculous. I take it at the first sign that a migraine is building. It starts working after about an hour and completely eliminates all headache pain. Sometimes nausea persists, but no head pain.

MWB | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/20/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

To be fair, I've only finished my first 8 tablets (which is two weeks over one every other day). So far I've not noticed it preventing migraines (in fact, I believe one day it triggered migraine, although I can't prove that). As for treating my migraines, nope. I've had to use my Imitrex injection. I hope it's just a matter of the medication needing to "kick in," but I'm totally bummed out so far. So disappointing.