I am 51 and have migraines my whole life, have tried every preventative, abortive etc.. finally got ahold of Nurtec..yesterday I was home with a severe migraine worse than my daily level after struggling a bit to get it out of the box (must read it before a blinding headache)took it at 6pm by 7 pain was fully gone- it is now 9 am the next day and still pain free..no side effects, no drowsiness !!!...

I've had post-viral syndrome for 9 months and migraines came with it. I am having 4 sinus migraines a day and Topomax and Fioricet just made it worse. Baclofen was a horror as I could not function at all, and I'm already on Effexor, which doesn't help, either. I was hoping with Nurcet being a new drug, that it would be some type of breakthrough. Judging from the other reviews it apparently helps...

Bec | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/14/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have been suffering from hormone migraines since i started perimenopause about 4 years ago. I can not take acetaminophen due to overuse and ibuprofen is not an option with my ulcerative colitis. I have tried all the triptans and they made migraines worse. After several trips to the ER, a long awaited appointment with a neurologist and three other drugs, she tried Nurtec. I have taken it on 2 occasions and both times it completely resolved the migraines. I take Zolfran before taking the Nurtec as a preventative for the nausea and vomiting and have not had any. I was nervous and anxious because of previous experiences with other drugs, but so far so good. I am very happy to be migraine free. It is wonderful to not have migraines for several months now. Read More Read Less

T | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
9/3/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

Takes the pain out of the migraine. Totally a miracle drug

Cleverd | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/31/2021
Condition: Migraine Prevention

Tried this after some research. 45-year migraine sufferer. I have tried every prescription, dietary restrictions for triggers... done it all. Tried this thinking it probably would not help and it helped. I would like to take it for preventative since I have daily headaches, but insurance will only pay for 8 tablets per month and cost out of pocket is over $1000... Hoping by contacting Nurtec, I can get them filled for preventative use!

Paro | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/28/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

I have suffered really bad menstrual migraines for over 30 years. Nurtec works really well for me. I have taken them right when I feel i may start to get one and the migraine doesn't develop. I feel fresh and energetic throughout the day. No sleepy feelings like I did with triptans. I did have some nausea the first time I took Nurtec but the second one resolved the nausea. Its working really well for me. I downloaded the savings card from the Website and its was a Zero copay. Give it to your pharmacist and they will know what to do. This is a good product to try especially for menstrual migraines. Read More Read Less

Ronald Reagan | 75 or over | Other | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/28/2021

I wouldn’t use this drug if my life depended on it, the crazed actors that this company employs ie: Whoopie the liar makes me question the direction this Big Pharma company is headed and how much money they are spending on useless commercial time and salaries of crazy liberal actors instead of helping people who need help.

Mary-My-graine | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/22/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

YES. Success. Resolves in a hour. Fully-functional days. Clear thinking. Active life. After 24 hours - a little rebound headache as the med wears off. My approach is do all the healthy prevention there is (magnesium, riboflavin, sleep, hydration, etc.). Many months this approach avoids a migraine. Nurtec is my security. Nolonger living in fear of being down and in tortured pain for 3 days. No side effects. And the melt-in-mouth is key if you can barely open eyes or move due to migraine. The sooner I take it, the faster it works and the better it returns me to life. So grateful. Past: All the "iptans"... (imi, ele, frovo, etc) just put me in a coma for 3 days. Not really a solution. And took longer to work. Read More Read Less

ASskek | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/4/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

Received 4 samples of Nurtec ODT given to me by my neurologist. One of the least affective I've used, although I've had no adverse affects either. Just nothing all together. Overall I've tried MANY, Relpax never seems to fail. Everyone is different, so I hope this works for you better than it did me.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/18/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

Now on 3rd month of Nurtec. First few times taking it no noticeable side effects, but now I am starting to experience some nasty ones. After taking it, it usually does make me somewhat lethargic and sometimes it makes me so weak and tired I literally can't keep my eyes open. Also get terrible heartburn and sharp pains in my stomach and gut. It does affect my mood somewhat with depressive and anxious periods that come and go. I also have periods of feeling very restless. Another side effect I'm starting to notice is some joint pain and stiffness. Nurtec does work for me and effectively ends my migraines but I'm really starting to wonder how safe it is. Oh and I also only take 1/2 of a tablet. Works just as well as the full tablet but still gives me these side effects so I don't think I'm going to continue taking it. Zolmitriptan 2.5mg works better for me and has fewer, shorter lasting side effects. Read More Read Less

Philip | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/24/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

Since Botox stopped working for me, I have tried many, many preventatives and rescue meds. Luckily, Sumatriptan oral has always work for me when I need one. Preventatives, another story. I have tried Ajovy and Aimovig. Neither one works enough to stay with it. My Neuro gave me a sample of Nurtec today. As I woke up "headachy" but not with a full migraine, I took the Zurtec after the appointment. My headache just got worse as the day went on. I would take a Sumatriptan now, but I don't think I should. I'll wait it out until morning. And so - the search goes on.Read More Read Less

Platy | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/23/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

It did nothing as an abortive and nothing as a preventative. While there is a sub-population of migraineurs who get good results with the new CGRP meds, it must be noted that all of them perform very poorly in clinical trials -- barely beating placebo.

Hallie | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
6/7/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

This drug has been a miracle for me. I have been getting migraines with aura and nausea for 15+ years. They are genetic and run in my family. With nurtec I am able to return to my daily functioning self with no pain in as little as 30 minutes. THANK YOU! I have experienced 0 side effects. I do not get a rush of needles sensation like I typically would from an Imitrex (Sumatriptan) injection. Also imitrex is not always able to stop the pain. Nurtec has a very clean profile (no noticeable sensations or side effects) and can quickly stop the pain and lift the brain fog! I have been using it steadily for the past 8 months and it still continues to work. Read More Read Less

Concerned Patie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/5/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

Was skeptical but tried it. Does not work as promoted by celebrities. Should have known better, especially when Whoopie started to promote it.

sgbelverta | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/1/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

Advil worked better than this. Seems this is one of those drugs that works really well for some folks, or not at all for others.

mariela85899 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/24/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

I tried Nurtec with very high hopes of it being a miracle cure from what I had read in online reviews. Not only did it not work for me but it made my headache so much worse I had to make a trip to the emergency room to get some relief. Never again!

Jg | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/21/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

This has worked wonders for me. Btw, why haven’t some of you visited the manufacturer website as there is a discount card available to download on your own and take to the pharmacy. 0 cost. Please also note, any expensive name brand medications websites usually have the discount cards. Emgality injections? O copay. Always check first.

Yoopergal27 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/6/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

I suffer from chronic migraines and got this new medication recently after I talked to my Neurologist about it. (at my Botox for Migaine appointment). I've only taken one so far, but it seems to work. However, I get frequent, intense migraines, even with the Botox shots, so I'll be interested to see if this keeps me from getting another one in a few hours, as is often the case. Not sure what the "rules" are about taking other pain meds while within the 24 hour window of Nurtec. For those of you that have difficulty with the price (which is outrageous), my neurologist gave me a discount card from Nurtec, that allows me to get a $0 copay!! She said any doctor that has the knowledge base to prescribe Nurtec, should have the cards available. You may have to ask your doctor about it, some practices give those discount cards out like candy, others hoard them, and you must be proactive in asking for one. Read More Read Less

Canceled | 35-44 | Other | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/1/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

I was thinking about trying this until I saw Whoopi Goldberg promoting it. I wouldn’t do anything she suggest or is a part of.

BIM |
4/21/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

I suffer with up to 20 migraines a month and several times a month I have multiple migraines in a 24hr period. So even though this medication stopped my aura and migraine (it was like a miracle), I had another aura and migraine start about 4 hours after the first. You can only take one Nurtec within 24 hrs. Because of this it would be of almost no use to me on the days I have more than 1 migraine. And even with my insurance those 8 pills would cost me almost $600. That’s just CRAZY!

L | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

Have suffered debilitating migraines for 40 years. Have tried so many prescription treatments. Tried nurtec and my blinding headache was gone in under 30 minutes and experienced no side effects (which I typically do). Felt like magic. I almost canâ??t believe it.

rjfresch | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/25/2021
Condition: Migraine Headache

This medicine has taken away my migraine almost every time. I highly recommend this for chronic migraines.