I have been so sick from a bacterial infection and strep throat.The coughing was pure torture.I couldn't sleep or eat.My P.A. prescribed Tessalon for my It's like a miracle,the coughing has stopped,but I do feel like I'm drunk,and it's difficult to concentrate,it's hard to walk a straight line.But that's the only side effect.If this happened again,I will be asking for this.I love it

I've had a cough for 3 months and my doc prescribed this med. I take 2 pills at a time and it hasn't done a thing to reduce my cough. But then again I've never had any med including the codeine cough syrup that has ever worked for my coughs.

JenM | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/30/2018
Condition: Cough

I almost died because of this prescription. Mostly Dr. error, but beside the point. This medication is paralytic and if taken with other meds that have a sedative side effect, DO NOT TAKE.

Dhc | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/28/2018
Condition: Cough

This medication does absolutely nothing for my cough. Also it has not made me drowsy like other people have posted.

Caredd86 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/25/2018
Condition: Cough

This drug did nothing for me at all. I took a 200mg dosage and within an hour took a second. Didn't touch my cough at all. The breathing treatments they gave me at the hospital def. Worked better.

James Douglas | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/25/2017
Condition: Cough

I had an acid reflux situation to the extent I had uncontrollable coughing. I went to a walk-in ER and the doctor discovered by X-ray that I had cracked four ribs from the coughing. He prescribed Tessalon 200 mg. Subsequent use has been very effective in ending the coughing.

dentwell | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/19/2017
Condition: Cough

Totally ineffective, was given this med in ER. Coughed all night, no sleep and I think this med gave me a headache on top of everything else.